Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer in order to grow its Brisbane Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.
Commencing into the Detailed Design phase of a major project, we are designing a Concentrator expected to produce 60 Mt/y of magnetite.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
Working on a number of upcoming projects, this integral role will undertake the following duties:
- Establishes detailed designs and performance specifications to fulfill the requirements of assigned general specifications for components, systems, processes, etc
- Plans and carries out successive steps and handles problems with general guidance from instructions, policies and precedents
- Responsible for meeting discipline cost and schedule requirements in production of deliverables, coordinates own work schedule, and prepares progress reports
- Recommends changes in plans and estimated cost when necessary
- Develops a range of engineering deliverables, including specifications, calculations, reports, technical requisitions and others
- Interprets specifications and investigates difficulties
- Reviews vendor documents
- Active participation in design reviews
- Conducts problem solving in the area of expertise: problems involve new concepts and new and varied problems to be solved that demand technical expertise, investigation and interpretation
- Develops alternative solutions, identifies risks and benefits
- Develops solutions to non-recurring problems by appraising, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data
- Exercises professional judgement in selecting and interpreting information and modifying standard methods and procedures
- In consultancy business areas, may deliver small-scale projects with responsibility for cost, schedule, resource allocation and risk, while working within an established program management plan
- Provide technical input and support to proposals as required
Skills / Qualifications
What will set you apart is your previous experience within an engineering company having worked on mining projects, with an excellent handling on base metals, minerals, and/or mineral processing projects in Australia. You will also have:
- 5 to 25 years of relevant experience
- A tertiary degree from a recognised institute
- Ability to supervise, manage, motivate and mentor technical professionals
- Recognised as a technical expert with ability to develop and mentor more junior staff
- Ability to execute and oversee project scope, budget and schedule
- Consistently demonstrates creativity and innovation in finding solutions and alternatives to address complex client requirements
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for inter-departamental and external company interactions
- Ability to diagnose and resolve significant and unusual problems and generate substantial improvements to practices and procedures
- Agile, with ability to adapt and troublesheet solutions
- Ability to broadly interpret principles, theories, and concepts of an engineering specialty
- High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and demonstrates personal initiative
- Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is dependable
- Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects
Please note, only applicants holding valid working rights in Australia will be considered.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're an experienced Structural Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.