Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Arvada, Colorado, United States
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today!
The Asset Care Service Technician will install and service water purification systems at customer sites. In this role, you will deliver, set up and exchange ion exchange tanks to customers in commercial and industrial applications.
- Drive truck to deliver ion exchange tanks and water treatment equipment to customer site.
- Ensure that correct equipment required for the daily route is loaded, secured and meets quality specs. Load and unload tanks on truck and maintains correct inventory on board truck as required.
- Completes Vehicle Inspection Reports for pre-trip inspection.
- Keep accurate accountability of inventory at each site and make changes as needed. Communicates changes thru the proper channels and follows up to ensure that changes have been made.
- Takes water samples and conducts the following tests including but not limited to TDS, resistivity, pH, CO2, Cl2, and hardness. Accurately record results and make suggestions or changes as required.
- Rinses ion exchange tanks to customer specifications at customer sites and ensures quality specifications met.
- Performs both dry and wet ion exchange tank exchanges.
- Performs maintenance on equipment to include PVC repair, and minor pump and motor repairs.
- Maintains good housekeeping at all times, which includes the vehicles and customer sites.
- Follows GE and customer EHS policies and rules.
- Maintains contact with customer on site, communicating effectively, politely, and responding to their needs. Maintains good customer relationships.
- Assist with equipment or product delivery outside normal scope when needed due to business levels.
- May be required to be on call during non-business hours..
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record history
- Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight - 50 lbs
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Ability and willingness to: read, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, and regulations; to write reports; to subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in applicable fields such as electrical, industrial, mechanical, maintenance or plumbing
- Minimum of 2 years of water industry experience in ion exchange, water treatment, reverse osmosis or membranes and related equipment highly desirable.
- Associate's Degree in electrical, industrial / mechanical, engineering, or water treatment disciplines
- Vocational training in applicable fields such as electrical, industrial/mechanical maintenance, water treatment, plumbing
- College coursework in chemistry
- Experience driving company vehicles such as panel vans or service trucks
- Customer Focus
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.