Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Business Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Business Manager to spearhead its regional growth initiatives, focused on the deployment of Wood's field proven solutions in Asset Performance Management and Training & System Testing Technologies in predominately energy and chemical sectors.
The ideal candidate will hold broad geographical and multi sector experience working with multiple stakeholders to achieve results. The role requires being able to rapidly engage with clients to understand their problems and, through client presentation and software demonstration, show how with our domain expertise, integration, and solutions, can solve these problems and provide value.
This candidate will be primarily responsible for P&L relating to the regional team, including project execution and resourcing, whilst playing a significant role in business acquisition together with the Business Development group.
The individual will handle communication upwards in the organization, with other key stakeholders across both Wood and its Partners, and the sales and marketing teams to share the vision and roadmap for the regional business. The role will be responsible for collecting and prioritizing business and market requirements, communicating with domain experts, technology owners / partners and with an input into the wider Intelligent Operations strategy supporting the Global Director for Asset Performance, and Training & Testing Technologies.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience with delivering solutions, preferably for multiple industries and numerous geographic regions and in the area of performance management, process simulation, production & pipeline management systems, and operator training and process optimisation. In depth knowledge of the market, simulation techniques and packages as well as optimisation techniques is desired. The ability to communicate with potential customers regarding their assets/systems and how our services/solutions, combined with partner solutions, would deliver value to them, is an essential requirement of this role.
- Driving business growth in line with targets set for Intelligent Operations and associated applications and services
- Responsible for regional P&L, resourcing, and execution of Training & Testing Technologies and Asset Performance Management projects
- Coordinating with regional execution teams on project performance and execution, including APM/T3 resources (i.e., Australia and in India)
- Ensure projects are delivered to industry leading best-in-class standards whilst delivering target margins.
- Working closely with associated managers across Intelligent Operations and Applied Intelligence
- Engaging with key stakeholders across Wood (Project, Operations and Consulting BUs) and Partners
- Lead local sales and marketing efforts, for example, client meetings, demonstrations, conferences, in conjunction with the Business Development group
- Develop regional pricing models for the software and services in conjunction with global solutions owners
- Provide leadership to proposal development by leading proposal development and costing activities
Please note applicants must be either an Australian citizen or hold Permanent Residency (PR) to be considered for this role.
Skills / Qualifications
It takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact Wood has on the global energy sector. As a member of the team you will demonstrate:
- Degree level qualification in engineering (i.e., chemical, mechanical and petroleum), science, or mathematics or related technical discipline
- 10+ yrs relevant experience in the related markets (e.g., Upstream and Midstream oil & gas and chemicals/petrochemicals/downstream, etc.), involving delivering and technical sales/consulting of technical solutions, software, and digital solutions
- Multi sector knowledge and global project experience in relevant areas.
- Identifying, defining, and solving client problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proposal / projects costing experience
- Strong understanding of process simulation, process optimisation, dynamic systems, and relevant technologies
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.