Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity f or a Drafter in our Power Solutions' engineering team. Based out of our Vancouver, BC office, drafters are a vital member of our engineering team and supports our project teams to deliver quality engineering documents. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Creating drawings and diagrams under the direct supervision of an Engineer or Designer such as: 2D and 3D general arrangements, sections, elevations, bills of materials, cable, duct, and bolt schedules, electrical room layouts, equipment layouts, grounding layouts, panel layouts, single line schematics, AC/DC schematics, wiring drawings, overhead, crossings, and underground distribution design work.
- Retrieving, entering, and updating design data within drawings
- Creating all aspects of design documentation including e-mails, forms, and work plans
- Checking drawings for conflicts and conformance with project CAD engineering standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Computer Aided Design technology from an accredited University/College or equivalent
- Minimum 5-year drafting experience in transmission, substation, and distribution
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or MicroStation
- MS Office
- 2D/3D, Isometric CAD drafting & manual drafting
- Civil 3D, Inventor, or REVIT
- Knowledge of electrical safety design codes and industrial drafting standards
- Experience creating plans, profiles and cross sections from surveys and maps
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Open minded and fast learner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a multi-disciplinary team environment with minimal supervision
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Familiarity with the following is an asset:
- GIS, Raster Design, or Auto Turn
- LISP, VBA programming for AutoCAD
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.