Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Project DevOps Engineer serves as a core member of the Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) software group. This role functions as the OTech DevOps lead for creating, implementing and optimizing DevOps processes across OTech software efforts. This role also works in collaboration with the Oceaneering Software Center of Excellence, corporate IT and other Oceaneering Business Units to streamline processes across the company.
OTECH produces and maintains unique underwater systems - typically for US Navy and other US Government Department of Defense customers. Our projects are all one-of-a-kind. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who is an effective communicator with 5+ years of experience in DevOps related efforts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage with projects encompassing the software lifecycle spectrum
- Perform OTech administrator role to handle users and configuration for tools hosted by corporate IT
- Participate as OTech representative for corporate IT and Software Center of Excellence DevOps initiatives
- Handle license management
- Design, build, and support efficient CI/CD pipelines
- Develop system monitoring and alerting capabilities
- Manage and monitor system access controls, authorization mechanisms and user account privileges
- Perform systems administration to ensure operating systems, tools, and software remain up-to-date, functional, and secure
- Troubleshoot and resolve system alerts, failures, and operational inefficiencies
- Communicate independently and effectively for issue resolution.
- Produce metrics reports as needed
- Schedules can be demanding throughout the year and occasional work outside normal working hours should be anticipated .
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related technical field. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of practical experience in DevOps.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft 365 environment.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- Solid written and oral communications skills.
- Must have US Person Status.
- Experience creating and managing repositories in a Github or SVN environment
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines within Jenkins or Github Actions
- Experience integrating analysis and test tools, such as Coverity, nUnit or MSTest within CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with one or more scripting and development languages.
- Experience with container-based deployments.
- Experience in the use of system automation tools and techniques.
- Experience with monitoring, reporting, and alerting tools.
- Experience building and managing Virtual Machines.
- Experience managing SQL databases such as PostGreSQL or SQL Server.
- Experience supporting waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience supporting multiple programmatic needs simultaneously and prioritizing own workload
- Understanding of networking to troubleshoot issues
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.