Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a "Senior Engineer - Estimation (Instrumentation)" with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Basic knowledge of engineering and construction of Instrumentation discipline scope in Oil and Gas / Refinery / Petro-Chemical / LNG / Chemical sectors.
- Technical knowledge of understanding engineering documents prepared at FEED / Pre-Construction phase for collecting inputs for estimate preparation.
- Ensure the Estimating activities and deliverables are undertaken in accordance with the estimate execution plan/methodology.
- Review design scope criteria, basic engineering / FEED stage design deliverables (such as P&IDs, Plot Plans) and able to prepare to instrument cable routing sketches and arrive at quantities, ie., MTOs / BOQs (for Control & Instrumentation discipline), covering both tagged items (field instruments, systems, etc.,) and bulk materials such as cable trays, cables, tubings, etc., for completeness and reasonableness, coordinate with the project team to develop additional estimating basis when information is incomplete.
- Coordinate with the Procurement team to obtain prices for major tagged / bulk materials in order to facilitate cost estimating.
- Actively Involve in collection, verification and integration of work scope into the cost estimate including material pricing, installation rates, productivity analysis, and associated indirect construction costs.
- Complete Arithmetic check of estimate produced . Perform a discipline check for estimates prepared by other estimators, and mentor/guide the additional resources hired from engineering discipline to support the piping discipline MTO activities.
- Participate in estimate reviews and update review comments as necessary.
- Archive information used for estimate for future reference.
- Maintain and update cost database.
- Keep estimating Manager fully informed of progress of estimates, identify key issues, review the problems / issues and propose solutions and implement agreed recommendations.
- Good Oral and written communication skills.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system.
- Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices.
Skills / Qualifications
- A Degree in Engineering is preferable; as a minimum, a Diploma in Engineering is essential.
Experience / Skills:
- Experience in EPC Organizations / Engineering Consultancy Organizations / Instrumentation Installation Contractors
- Experience in Quantity Surveying / Quantity Estimating of Instrumentation discipline including pricing during FEED (or) EPC proposal estimates
- Total experience of 8+ years
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.