Skills: Research & Development, Chemist
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Production Chemist professional with demonstrated proficiency in technical roles for upstream Oil & Gas specialty production chemicals, with at least 6 years of relevant industry experience, including specific expertise in advanced phase separation technologies.
Areas of expertise:
- Phase separation applications for upstream and downstream.
- Emulsion breakers.
- Water clarifiers.
- Asphaltene inhibitors/dispersants.
- Paraffin inhibitors/dispersants.
- This position will require a significant amount of travel. You must have the ability and willingness to travel up to 60% of the time, both domestically, and internationally.
- Evaluate and recommend oilfield specialty chemicals for a range of oilfield applications: emulsion breaker, water clarifiers, paraffin inhibitors, scale inhibitors etc.
- Perform laboratory and on-site field testing for product selection and recommendation of demulsifiers, water clarifiers, paraffin dispersants/solvents, scale inhibitors, friction reducers and other specialty chemical products.
- Analyze process data, design appropriate lab-test procedures and prepare product develop reports.
- Troubleshot specialty chemical related problems in the oil field and delivered technical recommendations to internal and external customers
- Oversee the development of new technologies and products which contributes to long term technology and business vision.
- Collect, manipulate, and analyze large amounts of data to be usable for statistical modelling, uncertainty analysis, data analytics, and machine learning.
- Demonstrable experience in technical roles for upstream Oil & Gas specialty production chemicals.
- Minimum requirements Bachelor's degree in Chemistry and six years of related experience.
- Completion of a masters or doctoral degree in Chemistry is highly preferred.
- Guides employees on how to perform advanced chemical research and development by applying current laboratory HSE standards and recognizes exceptions to normal chemical trends.
- Oversees the development of new technologies and products which contributes to long term technology and business vision.
- Leads projects by developing new experimental designs and risk mitigation strategies.
- Provides Intellectual Property recommendations for Halliburton and reviews technical papers.
- Provides technical expertise to meet internal and external customer needs and requirements.
- Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and effectively communicates with all levels of the organization.
- Represents Halliburton in professional societies in area of specialization.
Education & Years or Experiencce:
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Chemistry or similar discipline.
- Minimum educational requirement Master's degree in science or similar discipline and zero to two years' experience or Bachelor's degree and four years' experience.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from a R&D Chemist, Senior R&D Chemist up to a Principal R&D Chemist
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
5500 N. Sam Houston Parkway W , Houston , Texas , 77086 , United States
Requisition Number: 164529
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Multi-Chem
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.