Ingleside, Texas, United States
Ingleside, Texas, United States
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ingleside, Texas, United States
We are currently recruiting for an Automation Technical Professional to support a project in the Ingleside, TX area. Employment is contingent on client approval. This is a permanant position, with the expectation that the incumbant will begin on a field assignment.
Wood Automation and Control is the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than 20 years. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation teams work on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
At this time, we will only consider applications from citizens of the United States, or those who are authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in Automation Engineering projects for the design and implementation of automation systems for oil & gas and process industry projects (greenfield and brownfield migrations), directly interfacing with our clients.
- Engage in all phases of automation projects, front-end engineering through detailed design, configuration, implementation, startup and commissioning.
- Onsite installation and maintenance Emerson DeltaV system at a fabrication yard through the duration of fab yard construction and commissioning activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred, will also consider Technical Diploma with equivalent Experience.
- Professional Engineering License highly desirable.
- 5+ years of industry experience with a focus on automation design and implementation projects.
- High level of hands-on experience with the Emerson DeltaV platform including both DCS and SIS (DeltaV SIS) as well as experience with PLC platforms (Allen Bradley).
- Experience in Emerson DeltaV system design and implementation including hands on installation and maintenance required.
- Experience with network design and devices including switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Cisco certification(s) preferable.
- Experience in control systems integration with an operating company, systems vendor or engineering services provider for onshore or offshore oil & gas / energy industry projects.
- Familiarity with Front-End Engineering (FEED) phases, implementation, systems testing, start-up and commissioning of automation projects in the aforementioned industries.
- Proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of the principles of relational databases, application interfaces, and Human Machine Interface design and implementation.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Must be US citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.