Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Panama City, Florida, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Provides maintenance and facilities support for manufacturing site and equipment used in the manufacture of umbilicals for oil and gas industry
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs and documents monthly and annual inspections of equipment and building systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshoots and completes basic repair on facility HVAC systems, plumbing, and other general maintenance of the facility.
- May assist the maintenance technicians with Preventative Maintenance and report of manufacturing equipment.
- Use Peoplesoft to update work orders.
- Complete minor construction and repair projects, like drywall hanging and patching, updating break or restroom facilities, general painting and touch-ups.
- Forklift preventative maintenance and repair.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP .
- Reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Works in collaboration with the maintenance technicians for preventative maintenance, repairs and new or replacement installation of parts on the equipment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 3 years of previous facility maintenance experience with HVAC systems, plumbing, and electrical.
- Able to navigate in computer for needed equipment files or documentation. Working knowledge of MS365, Word, Excel and Outlook experience preferred
- Understand principles of Rapid Kaizens
- Read, understand and apply Maintenance Department Process Maps
- Ability to read hydraulic and electrical schematics, comprehend complex drawings, specifications and procedures.
- Must be able to obain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to obtain access to the work site.
- Prior general construction or repair experience is preferred
- Previous working knowledge of Peoplesoft work orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason when dealing with others to identify good solution.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Communication - Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans. Keeps manager informed about progress and problems
- Flexibility - Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work environments, management styles, and business trends.
- Infulencing Others - Presents arguments that address others' most important concerns and issues and looks for win-win solutions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Read, understand & apply HSE policies to include LMS modules
This position is considered SHOP/OUTDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise may be over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposuire to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Constant exposure to dust."
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
- Lift 35-75 pounds with assistance.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, and work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Lift 25-35 pounds
Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated.
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motorized vehicle.
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Hard Hat
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.