Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States
As an Analytical Instruments Supply Chain intern, we will provide you an experience to help prepare you for a career in manufacturing/supply chain. You will be working with our team of manufacturing assemblers, manufacturing technicians, manufacturing engineers, planners, financial analyst, EHS and warehouse associates on an assigned project(s) to document processes, determine gaps, propose improvements, and implement selected ones.
- Motivated self-started with great attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
Duties & Responsibilities
Depending on the project you will be given, your tasks could be:
- Map and determine standard times of manufacturing processes.
- Optimize layout of manufacturing cells, following Lean and 5S concepts.
- Determine supply/demand fluctuations and recommend efficient planning options.
- Map data collection of manufacturing processes. Highlight gaps. Recommend solutions to capture missing data. Correlate with First Pass Yield and Scrap results.
- Determine possible improvement to automated manufacturing lines or define automation for current manual tasks.
- Write software applications to improve flows and/or manufacturing processes.
- Observe processes and provide recommendations for ergonomic and safety improvements.
- Present finding and opportunities of improvement to leadership team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Self-starter, creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with business demands and technical risks/challenges
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- Strong understanding of flows
- Strong understanding of databases
Education & Experience
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Automation, or Science (Chemistry, Biochemistry, etc)
Working Conditions (Specify % of travel involved if applicable, physical conditions, interaction with any hazardous material, work environment, etc.)
This position is in a manufacturing environment with occasional noise and chemical hazards. There will be tasks that require lifting, carrying, standing, and walking frequently.
Compensation Range: $18/hour - $21/hour (depending on school level)
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.