Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Controls & Instrumentation Engineer with minor project management capability, on a permanent contract basis in our Brisbane CBD office.
- Project manage a suite of small capital E & I projects, with direct accountability for delivery of each project to meet the safety, quality, schedule, and cost requirements of the contract
- Work with other engineers in the capital projects team to provide detailed I&E engineering input to their projects - assist with scope & estimate, design & constructability reviews, procurement activities, Hazop & Hazids, commissioning & problem solving.
- Effectively liaise with and coordinate all project stakeholders including the Client, Authorities, work crews, design/drawing office personnel, construction/commissioning crews and subcontractors
- Prepare tenders, requisitions and technical bid evaluations for discipline material and equipment procurement.
- Ensure design packages and installations meet the Client specification, and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic standards
- Monitor installation & commissioning activities through active site surveillance, providing both technical and safety leadership in the field
- Apply competent knowledge of relevant standards, associated legislation, and industry best practice
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar related discipline
- Membership from an Australian recognised professional engineering institute
- RPEQ or eligibility to achieve RPEQ status
- Demonstrate balance of on-site and engineering office experience
- Professional demeanor, interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Flexible with a proactive and can-do attitude
- Exceptional project and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with Hazardous Areas, HV equipment and HV switching is preferable
- Experience with design of instrumentation, control and electrical systems in the utility and oil & gas industries.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you are an experienced Senior Controls & Instrumentation Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.