Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Technologist I, Security Engineer works with project managers, business analysts, clients and contractors on security solutions to address Enterprise security requirements. This position will provide subject matter expertise in evaluating, selecting, designing, and integrating a diverse set of IT security systems and tools across a highly complex, global corporate environment.
The Sr. Technologist I, Security Engineer will think like hackers by pushing computer and network security systems to their limits. Once vulnerabilities are identified in existing systems, the role will plan and implement appropriate changes to boost security in depth. This position will provide authoritative guidance from Enterprise IT Security to Business units. Beyond internal interaction, the role will network with Clients and potential business contacts as a representative of Oceaneering and IT Security.
- Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment, working both virtually and in office when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledge and understand programming languages, database management, cloud management, and statistical analysis using SIEM tools.
- Perform security audits and assessments of both clients and vendors.
- Interact as requested with External Clients and Customers.
- Cloud cyber security readiness, SOC2 compliance
- Comprehensive awareness of cybersecurity protocols, cryptography, and industry standards.
- Inclusive knowledge and experience with CI/CD application development pipelines.
- Experience with both Network penetration testing and Application OWASP standards.
- Analyze vulnerability scanning outputs, assess findings, and develop remediation tasks in cooperation with the appropriate operational subject matter experts.
- Develop, document, and implement complex changes to security solutions within Oceaneering IT Security frameworks.
- Contribute to evaluation, selection, design, and configuration of IT Security infrastructure solutions in a global environment.
- Contribute to IT Security Policy and Standards documentation.
- Perform basic project management activities and generating solution design documentation.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 10%.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Manager I, IT Security Working under IMDS Business direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in information technology security.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with any 4 of the following security systems and principles, including but not limited to: intrusion detection systems, firewalls, identity management, desktop security, content filtering, network access control, SIEM tools, IACS/ICS, IT Automation, and vulnerability scanning.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with core networking technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with advanced IT Security industry standards, such as NIST 800, OWASP, and CMMC.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Cloud Services and Architectures.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with SDLC pipelines, with SAST and DAST knowledge.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with SOC2-Type2 Assessments and Certifications.
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Must be able to pass a security background check.
- Flexible schedule and occasional travel outside of the U.S up to 10% of the year.
- Advanced skills with MS Office tools
- Advanced skills with diagramming software such as Visio
- Advanced Active Directory configurations
- Cyberark Identity Management
- CISCO networking equipment: firewalls, routers, and switches
- cBitlocker drive encryption
- BeyyondTrust / Bomgar
- NAC Network Access Control
- PaloAlto security products
- Multi-factor authentication
- Packet analysis
- SIEM Tools
- Basic knowledge of data encryption principles, PKI and SSL certificates
- CISSP certification
- Basic knowledge of ICS/IACS (industrial control systems) security principles, eg IEC62443
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Skill to maintain a high level of security and confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work effectively as both team member and team lead (within your field of expertise).
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ability to work with External Client contacts and represent Oceaneering.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote. Employees are expected to travel to their designated office as schedules require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.