Skills: Installation Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Coordinate the mobilisation of ROV systems to offshore worksites.
- Offshore site survey for pre mobilisation of ROV systems.
- Coordination of engineering and certification for system mobilisation.
- Preparation and procurement of Install consumables and equipment.
- Assembly of installation work package and procedures for system mobilisation.
- Coordination of fabrication required for system installation.
- Support the Management during offshore installation of ROV systems.
- Liaise with client representatives, project managers, certification authorities and third party companies involved in the mobilisation of ROV systems.
- Assembly of work package for demobilisation of ROV systems.
- Responsible for review of update of system spec sheets.
- Collaborate with Service Excellence on progress of equipment through workshops.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Served a recognised apprenticeship in a mechanical / structural discipline
- Have some formal trade qualification i.e. City & Guilds, National Certificate
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Previous experience with ROV systems
- Knowledge of offshore regulations and certification requirements
- Knowledge of fabrication and welding techniques
- Specialist in mechanical or structural engineering
- Experience with draughting techniques and drawing packages
- Microsoft Office, Outlook and Teams applications.
- Autocad or Solid works
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.