Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ware, England, United Kingdom
Wood Life Sciences business is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer with an electrical bias to support with the delivery of an EPC framework contract on a large pharmaceutical site based in Ware, Hertfordshire.
This is a permanent staff role where you will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of projects based at the client's Pharmaceutical Plant.
This is a hands on, site based role where you would be running several projects at once. This is an exciting time to join the Wood team if you are looking to gain Pharma experience.
Workscope include hugely diverse projects such as:
- Steam and Condensate Upgrades
- Chilled Water Upgrades
- Substation replacement
- Office upgrade
- HVAC Upgrade/replacement
- Heat Exchanger/pump replacement
- Sprinkler Upgrades
- Fire and Gas Upgrades
- Road upgrades, traffic management around site
- Fully responsible for the management of a portfolio of projects based at a client's Pharmaceutical Plant
- Clients primary focal point for allocated projects from kick off to close out
- Experience of Projects from FEED to Construction/Commissioning & Closeout (Pharma experience strongly preferred)
- Responsible for the safe delivery of projects to budget and schedule
- Ensure good communication between engineering disciplines
- Maintain effective dialogue with other project engineers, Delivery Team leader, Engineering manager.
- Manage project changes effectively
- Ensure an effective risk management process is adopted
- Provide HSE leadership within sphere of influence
- Responsible for estimation of scopes at each stage of a project life cycle
- Effective coordination of all elements of the project, with a hands-on, can-do attitude where necessary
- Good stakeholder management and client interfacing skills
- Ensure Roles, Responsibilities and Accountabilities are fully understood by the project team, including sub-contractors
- Development of relationships with internal and external customers and organisations
Skills / Qualifications
- HND / HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline
Minimum Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in the management of multi disciplined pharmaceutical projects or other relevant industries is strongly preferred
- Practiced in project control mechanisms and with commercial and technical risk assessments
- Excellent communications skills
- Practitioner in risk management processes
- Strong effective delegation skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.