Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Denver City, Texas, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Plant Operator in Denver City, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. 14/14 and lodging provided by client.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Perform Skilled Mechanical duties involving operations, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing natural gas engines, compressors, generators and other power driven equipment.
- Inspect engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs; perform repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Overhaul, repair and adjust engines, compressors, pumps, motors.
- Maintenance and repair of ignition systems, carburetion equipment, fuel injection systems and emissions control systems.
- Detailed awareness of compressor components including: lubrication systems, shutdown systems, loading and unloading valves, pistons, valves and electrical systems.
- Maintain compressor logs, engine hours, diaries, oil sampling and inventories of parts, equipment, lube oils and coolants.
- General upkeep of facilities and equipment including: engines/compressors, company vehicle and shop.
Skills / Qualifications
- Control room operations experience preferred
- Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support.
- Can read and understand P&ID's
- Standing, walking, bending, stretching, reaching over shoulder height, frequent heavy lifting over 75 pounds.
- Repetitively standing, walking, bending, stretching, reaching over shoulder height, frequent lifting heavy equipment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.