Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Directional Driller, Field Service Tech
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Nisku, Alberta, Canada
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision, responsibilities are to learn the job role for the Directional Drilling (DD) service line and the processes, tools, software and equipment used in DD to develop the proficiencies required to, but not limited to: maintaining equipment inventory, supervising movement to and from well site, checking equipment and tools, advising on repair requirements and maintain computer drilling database for on- going jobs, preparing job tickets and daily drilling and end-of-well reports.
- Assists in providing on-site supervision of the DD process including projection of well path to pre-determined target coordinates.
- Serves in a sub-ordinate role on select jobs. Assists in providing technical and operational expertise to external customer.
- Performs assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering and directional drilling principles.
- Advises customer of directional options and good drilling practices.
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in a STEM discipline.
- Requires ability to read and interpret designed well plans and to interpret directional survey information and other well site data.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to required standards. Must possess good communication, arithmetic, data entry and recording skills.
- Proven competency in appropriate computer software. Must possess relevant rig safety certificates.
- This is a field position. This is the entry position for the DD job family.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
1400 5th Street, Nisku, Alberta, T9E 7R6, Canada
Requisition Number: 163751
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.