Skills: Project Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
As a General Manager with our Water Technologies & Solutions (WTS) Division, you'll play a key Executive Leadership role responsible for the operation of all Engineered System (ES) Services functions within our western region. Working in collaboration with Senior Leaders and Managers, you'll provide strategic leadership on our commercial strategy and overall customer service for the region while working with the commercial leadership, engineering and sales teams to grow the ES portfolio in the region across all the product families.
Our west region is growing quickly with ~$80mm in revenue and more than 150 highly skilled team members including 8 direct reports. This dynamic role involves overseeing complex cross-functional projects, asset care, and operations & maintenance contracts. This opportunity is best suited for a true people leader with a proven track record of hiring and developing top talent. You'll leverage your business acumen (P&L ownership required), project management know-how and industrial water experience to profitably run manufacturing plants and complex projects that address hard-to-treat water challenges. Fortunately, we have excellent COEs to lean on for technical expertise when you need it and our deep roots in the industrial water space means you'll have plenty of resources at hand. If you like the idea of doing meaningful work with a company that's doing big things to address complex water scarcity challenges, here's more!
- Recruit and develop top talent for the region. Strengthen top-line managers and leaders giving them the skills (project management, financial, leadership, etc.) to continue creating exceptional talent throughout the company.
- Contribute to the modernization of our asset care business including the move to digitization
- Guide a culture of safety, quality, and continuous improvement. Lead all Plant Management, Contract Management, Regional Service Management, Project/Program Management, Field Service/ Area Management and associated groups within the region
- Maintain a proactive financial line of sight with clear understanding of what you need to run your business
- Lead target market diversification initiatives in food and beverage, mining and other key industries
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or similar technical field and at least 7 years' work experience in water treatment field. Experience and knowledge of water treatment systems and equipment. UF, RO, EDR, EDI, pumps, motors, FDA, filtration, and chemical feed systems
- 10+ years of leadership experience
- Ability to travel, as needed
Other Useful Skills & Abilities:
- Good "boardroom presence". Ability to communicate at the executive level to inform, influence, and build consensus
- Experience managing a dispersed workforce is helpful
- Ability to work in and lead cross-functional teams in a matrix environment. A collaborative approach is key
- Experience managing project managers will be an asset for our more complex bridge projects
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.