Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today!
As part of the Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls (EI&C) Engineering team, you will work collaboratively with a cross-functional engineering team executing custom project designs, meeting customer expectations, quality, schedule, budget, goals, and ensuring project risks are mitigated.
Initially, the individual chosen for this role will be trained as an Associate Instrumentation Engineer, completing the instrument selection for a wide range of water technologies. This will include developing instrument/automatic valve lists, instrument/automatic valve datasheets, instrument installation details, assisting with panel schematics and I/O lists, supporting our production facilities, participating in customer facing factory acceptance tests and assisting through commissioning. In the future, there will be the possibility of expanding the role to include controls, electrical design and/or programming scope.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborate in cross-functional project team discussions and client meetings.
- Read and process engineering documents, including P&IDs, GAs, process design. guidelines, return of experience, and engineering best practices guides.
- Interpret, comment and follow contract and customer specifications.
- Perform required calculations and select the appropriate instrumentation for water treatment facilities as well as all supporting documentation (instrument lists, termination drawings, instrument datasheets, etc.) with operator and equipment safety in mind.
- Manage budget, scope and schedule and proactively report risks and opportunities to project teams.
- Occasional travel (~15%) for client meetings or customer site visits.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including coordinating, reporting, documentation, and presentations).
- Proven ability to develop and follow procedures and standards, while extrapolating new concepts from established standards.
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrated ability to learn equipment and processes related to SUEZ WTS products and systems.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent from an accredited University or College
- Valid passport and driver's license.
Useful skills or abilities:
- Understanding of hydraulics and fundamentals of fluid mechanics.
- Understanding of basic water chemistry.
- Focus on customer relationships (external/internal). Understands balance between customer and SUEZ teams.
- Experience with control systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, HMI and SCADA design and programming.
- Basic technical knowledge in the field of industrial control systems.
- Understanding of Low Voltage Power Distribution System design.
- Professional Engineer or EIT designation.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.