Skills: Fitter / Turner
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
Read and interpret blueprints and sketches to repair, modify, install and dismantle various pipes and fittings associated with shipboard hydraulic, pneumatic and water systems. Involves heavy lifting, frequent stooping or bending and possible working assignments in overhead structures, confined spaces or beneath machinery. Strict adherence to safety, quality standards, good housekeeping habits, high level of critical thinking/reading comprehension, and frequent travel/overtime are required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Requires no supervision and excels in all qualifications, is an expert in all tasks required as a Pipefitter and will provide mentoring to junior craftsman.
- Must be able to understand and perform the set up, alignment, and operation of all portable tools and hand tools used in the trade.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of all shipboard piping systems (repair/ installation practices, procedures, pipe bending, alignments and troubleshooting) and blue print reading.
- Layout material prior to performing complex pipe bending operations and machine parts to achieve proper joint design as per Technical Work Documents.
- Fabricate and install complex fixtures, jigs, supports and targets to ensure proper alignment during the welding process.
- Produces quality piping assemblies, in difficult or adverse conditions and is proficient in brazing.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Project Manager or immediate Project Supervisor.
- High School/GED with Apprenticeship Diploma and additional vocational courses or technical school graduate; and/or military and/or civilian experience with marine piping systems in a repair department or shipyard.
- Must have the ability to obtain government base access.
- Knowledge and practical skills tests required.
- Deep Submergence Systems (SOC MCD A, B, and C), SUBSAFE Qualification.
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance issued by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Applicant will be subject to periodic security investigations and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government.
- In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels
- Light is intense/glare
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces , k neel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.