Skills: Project Controls
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Clute, LA, US
Wood is looking for a Project Controls manager to lead the cost; planning, scheduling and risk assessment support to assignments / project teams and
clients, typically on projects of moderate size and complexity.
Oversees the set up and running of all required project controls systems, tools and interfaces to allow successful management and reporting of the project costs, schedule and risks on projects and specificassignments.
Responsible for managing a team of project control resources in support of project delivery excellence
The role interfaces with a number of key stakeholders across the project and wider business.
Primary focal point for the Project Manager, Client or Project Team for all matters relating to project costs,
schedules and risk; and resources requirements.
Develops and implements the project control execution plan for projects of moderate size and complexity
Skills / Qualifications
Act as the focal point with the client and any contractor Project Controllers as appropriate to ensure
costs and progress are reported accurately, ensure alignment with the project reporting
requirements and ensure timely and accurate cost and progress reporting
• Monitor overall project / assignment progress status, achievement and non-achievement of major
milestones and analyse and forecast performance in relation to plan
• Identification, monitoring and reporting against the project critical path providing early warning to
the Project Manager of any potential slippages
• Identifies and establishes the communications interfaces essential for the delivery of cost, planning,
scheduling and risk deliverables and services
• Report project status and KPI to management
• Develops the project Work Breakdown Structure?
• Manage the implementation of the cost and planning control structures in alignment with the
project Work Breakdown Structure
• Manage and oversee the project work approval process in terms of accurate cost code allocation
and initial budget set-up and approvals
• Timely control and forecasting of budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are
properly assessed and included in the budget and schedules if applicable
• Accountable for accuracy and timeliness of S-curves and histograms produced by team
• Accountable for delivery and ongoing maitenance of the projects fully resourced, logic linked Gantt
Charts within preferred planning software to the agreed project and programme requirements.
• Accountable for providing analysis of current and future resource needs for the project and programme to the Project Manager
• Manages and oversees the recovery process followig identified slippages or significant float erosion.
Responsible for timely and accurate development and issuing of project change orders / variations
in accordance with contract / assignment change notifications
• Promote the project change management system and facilitate assurance activities to ensure theprocess is adhered to.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.