Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a Piping Workshare Manager primarily based in our Kolkata Office, reporting to our Perth Office.
We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on new and innovative projects in the growing Battery Materials resources markets as well as Gold, Copper and Iron Ore, to design, engineer and construct world-class processing facilities.
The role will appeal to individuals seeking an opportunity to lead the Design activities and take direct responsibility in effective control of work for delivery outside of the Perth design office. This will require the management and leadership of the Kolkata Office's piping team. In addition, the workshare manager will:
- Take the lead and responsibility for the overall coordination and production of the piping design work in the Wood Kolkata office
- Take responsibility for risk management, change management and reporting for the packages under your Kolkata scope
- Oversee and manage the implementation of local check and review process and procedures to ensure appropriate quality of delivery
- Overall responsibility for managing the relationships between the Perth project teams and the Kolkata Office
- Ensuring that the quality of output of the Kolkata piping team is in line with the needs of the customer and regulatory authorities
- Providing technical and commercial direction to designers, overview design quality, design schedules, and design budgets and perform a detailed review of critical aspects of projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of Piping design experience in the resource industry
- Experience in managing workshare design deliverables desirable
- Well-developed computer skills with a good knowledge of 3D CAD systems, preferably Bentley products
- Ability to deliver best practice plant / piping design, with emphasis on cost-effective engineering
- Possess teamwork skills as well as an understanding of other discipline requirements and expectations
- Quick and accurate with a methodical approach to allocated work areas
- Good understanding of the scope of work and project development process
- Proficient checking skills with the ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion, initiative
- Good verbal, written, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Capacity to delegate appropriately
- Managerial - leadership ability
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Workshare Manager or have performed similar roles, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.