Skills: Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Transport Market and Technology Strategist to join the Technology Outlook and Strategy (TOS) division, within the Technology Strategy & Planning department. TOS is responsible for analyzing emerging technology trends related to the energy industry, with strong focus on those that could have a material impact on the company's business and markets. The division develops and periodically issues technology outlook reports and deep-dives to various company's stakeholders in order to help understand potential opportunities and risks, and to guide the development of appropriate technologies and business strategies.
The Senior Transport Technology Strategist will provide strategic long-term perspectives on transport technologies of interest to the company; provide comprehensive research and analysis on the impact of economics, policy and technology on the transportation sector; perform transport technology landscaping in support of technology strategy and R&D program development; perform technology literature surveys and techno-economic assessments of transportation technologies; and provide technical advice and insight to internal stakeholders supported by substantial transport systems modeling work and outlook analysis.
- Provide technology-focused market and industry research and analysis based on transport systems modeling, comprehensive analysis of transport demand and disruptive economic, policy and technology trends impacting the transport sector worldwide, evolution of new transport markets, and outlook of conventional and emerging transport technologies.
- Generate new critical insights (i.e. whitepapers, outlook reports, deep dives, etc.) to support senior leadership in making business and strategy decisions related to the company's technology and R&D activities within the transport sector, and aligning those activities with business priorities.
- Minimum Master's degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline. A PhD would be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum ten years of professional experience related to the automotive, energy and transportation industries or consulting, including at least five in the field of transport technologies, as well as policy and regulations on new energy fuels in the transport sector. Experience gained from a reputable energy consulting firm or a sustainable transport/mobility think tank is highly regarded.
- Demonstrated understanding of key issues impacting the transportation industry worldwide, and how new transportation technologies (i.e. battery electric vehicles, hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, renewable energy fuels) can play a role in a sustainable energy landscape encompassing road, marine and aviation market segments of the transport sector.
- Possess strong techno-economic modeling skills to assess the impact of transport economics, policy, regulations and technology on global energy demand and carbons emissions under different energy transition scenarios.
- Demonstrates strong thought leadership skills and self-motivation, sound business acumen, and a deep understanding of future transportation technology trends that would likely have a material impact in the transport sector.
- Must have achieved substantial recognition by peers as a transport technology expert.
- An understanding of the upstream side of low-carbon and renewable energy fuels production technologies and processes would be a distinct advantage.
- High-level understanding global energy markets in general, in particular oil & gas.
- Demonstrated evidence to interact effectively with varied internal audiences including management, economists, scientists, engineers, business professionals, PR personnel, as well as with external collaborators and partners.
Data not available
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.