Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Beaumont, Texas, United States
The EHS Site Specialist will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. You will implement, maintain, and improve all aspects of the company's environmental program including site compliance, health and safety program development, compliance with applicable OSHA, EPA, and state / local requirements; provide environmental, health, and safety support to the company; maintain company policies adhering to local, state, and federal EHS regulations. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and the ability to affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition, you will:
- Initiate and influence integration of EHS policies and practices into the business
- Lead and manage a variety of EHS requirements and compliance implementation which includes regulations, air permitting, wastewater permitting and treatment, and hazardous waste.
- Lead as well as be a participant in root cause investigations.
- Implement / modify EHS programs and procedures to ensure company compliance. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements including retention of all required records and documentation
- Recommend process safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemicals and other hazards.
- Oversee the testing of air quality, noise, and temperature levels to verify compliance with health and safety regulations and perform or direct environmental monitoring as required by permits or SUEZ; examine permits to ensure compliance with requirements
- Manage the Industrial Hygiene Program
- Verify that safety equipment such as hearing protection and respirators are available to employees, and monitor their use of such equipment to ensure proper use and fit
- Work with consultants and contractors on related EHS issues; maintain liaisons with outside organizations such as fire departments, and third-party contractors to facilitate emergency response
- Modify and implement compliance tracking programs and record keeping systems; ensure effective EHS education programs are in place and conduct EHS education programs which include coordination of worker training in areas such as environmental and safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring and use of safety equipment
- Manage the facilities Contractor Management Program and maintain/ report EHS Metrics
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or related field from an accredited college or university. Experience can be counted towards a formal degree.
- 5+ years of experience with exposure to several EHS areas in a manufacturing/chemical environment.
- PSM (Process Safety Management) Experience
Other Useful Skills & Abilities
- Master's Degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, or related field from an accredited college or university
- 10 years of experience in industry, consulting, or with a regulatory agency
- Knowledge of EHS issues including regulations, air permitting, wastewater permitting and treatment, and hazardous waste
- Air Compliance experience and experience with Emissions Master
- Knowledge of OSHA Injury and Illness Recordkeeping procedures
- US OSHA Process Safety Management
- Knowledge and experience using the Gensuite EHS tool
- Experience in Workers Compensation and site security programs
- OSHA VPP knowledge and ISO 14001 experience (developing and maintaining programs)
- Knowledge and experience developing SPCC / SWP3 Plans, TRI reports, Tier II reports
- Certification in related subject (CHMM, CSP, CIH, etc.)
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.