Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Electrical Engineer will provide operations engineering, design, and analysis capabilities to support the operation of Subsea Intervention Systems, IWOCS, ROV tooling, RWOCS, and auxiliary equipment.
Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment, working both virtually and in office when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Engineer will be assigned to the Subsea Robotics (SSR) and Offshore Projects Group (OPG) Control Systems Team as an Electrical Engineer. Engineer will be teamed up with existing Electrical Engineers to provide project, maintenance, and software support for existing Subsea Robotic and Offshore Projects Group equipment. Engineer shall be willing to travel offshore, both domestically and internationally.
While in the Subsea Robotics and Offshore Projects Group Team, the Engineer will:
- Perform engineering duties necessary to prepare systems and personnel for offshore campaigns. These may include:
- Design modifications to existing equipment
- Design of test equipment
- Participating in operational risk assessments
- Preparing scopes of supply
- Providing cost and labor estimates for proposals
- Performing project-specific analyses and calculations
- Preparing project-specific procedures
- Develop testing procedures for qualification, factory acceptance, and offshore readiness testing
- Creation and revision of equipment software
- Creation and revision of block diagrams, wiring diagrams, and electrical schematics
- Specification of required electrical equipment
- Recommendations for obsoleted items
- Provide support during the manufacturing, testing, and assembly phases of a project
- Provide support to offshore campaigns, from both the office and offshore
- Interface with customers, project managers, and technicians
- Provide engineering status and progress reports
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to an Engineering Lead or Manager
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent education and experience.
- 0-3+ years of experience with LabView usage and programming
- Experience with PLC usage and programming
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks, or other CAD packages
- Experience with electro-hydraulic control systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to analyze complex electrical controls circuits for functionality, electrical loads, and failure modes, is required
- Knowledge of subsea intervention systems is strongly desired
- Knowledge of riserless well intervention is strongly desired
- Knowledge of operations in the subsea industry is strongly desired
- Knowledge of BOP controls systems is desired
- Knowledge of IWOCS is desired
- Knowledge of ROV Tooling is desired
- Knowledge of PCBs
- Ability to work within tight deadline windows
- Ability to work under general direction
- Ability to work in a high-pressure offshore environment
- Ability to clearly communicate potential issues and resolutions
The position will be Hybrid - Remote. Employees are expected to travel to their designated office as schedules require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.