Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Buyer II executes purchase orders (POs) for procurement of materials and services in support of multiple departments within the assigned division. The Buyer II is able to make commitments for the company at any dollar level upon receipt of a properly approved requisition and assists management in meeting department goals.
The position will be Hybrid. Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as schedules require.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, negotiate, and execute purchase agreements with domestic and international suppliers.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships.
- Evaluate vendor performance and assist with maintenance of approved supplier list.
- Place orders in accordance with engineering specifications and other requirements.
- Negotiate price and delivery to meet project requirements. Expedite orders as needed to ensure that delivery dates are met.
- Understand and interpret technical data to prepare and issue Requests for Quotes (RFQs). Analyze quotes to select or recommend suppliers.
- Recommend alternate parts or suppliers to obtain more favorable pricing and quality.
- Attend and participate in project meetings relating to procurement.
- Adhere to Quality Management System.
- Resolve receiving problems that may include quality issues, rejected materials or shipments, and part number discrepancies.
- Resolve material and part returns due to warranty claims, incorrect shipments, or freight damage. Submit claims for carrier freight damage.
- Provide information for Reports of Discrepency, Quality Deficiency Reports, and Vendor Feedback Reports for non-conforming materials and/or services.
- Reconcile credit card statements and resolve invoice issues with Accounts Payable and vendors.
- Work with Accounting Department to solve complex problems pertaining to procurement.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Purchasing Manager.
- Associates degree. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Three to five years of purchasing or related experience.
- Good working knowledge of procurement process.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Requirements (FARs).
- Ability to establish vendor relationships and negotiate best prices and delivery.
- Ability to read and interpret commercial contract language and technical specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Production, Operations, Business Management, or relevant field.
- CPIM or CPM certification.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.