Skills: Subsea Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Engineer I will be part of a team for Houston based engineering activities in support of projects performed with Oceaneering's Offshore Projects Group (OPG) installation vessels. The Engineer I is responsible for supporting technical aspects for projects that will be executed predominately in the Gulf of Mexico. Typical work scopes will include but not be limited to installations, light construction, diving and inspection, maintenance and repair (IMR) work scopes. Engineering planning will be conducted from Houston based office with offshore support of the project offshore onboard installation vessels as required. The Engineer I will report to the Installation Engineering Team Lead.
Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment, working both virtually and in office when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out tasks as assigned by Project Engineers and the Installation Engineering Team Lead. Tasks would generally be focused on technical issues but will sometimes require administrative functions.
- Responsible for the installation engineering of subsea hardware utilizing light construction vessels with ROV and Divers. Also inclusive of field and offshore support for projects.
- Assist in authoring design specifications and test plans for installation equipment and subsea hardware. This may include locating equipment and vendor selection.
- Conduct engineering calculations and analysis.
- Calculations will include hand calculations and/or engineering calculation software
- Analysis will include both beam element and dynamic motion analysis
- Assist in authoring design reports, analysis reports and technical memos.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and System Integration Tests (SIT).
- Assist in preparing presentations, articles, and technical papers.
- Interface inside and outside a meeting setting with project team members and Clients.
- Perform non-engineering activities such as oversight of offshore operations and on-site oversight of OPG projects and subcontractors.
- Work and travel offshore, both domestic and international.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Ocean Engineering), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to two (2) years of engineering experience.
- Up to two (2) years' experience with classical analytical methods, MathCAD; AutoCAD; Solidworks; structural analysis package such as ANSYS or Risa3D.
- Valid driver's license
- Valid passport
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Petroleum Education Council (PEC) Basic Training
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
- Experience with dynamic analysis program Orcaflex
- Experience with conflict resolution and change management
- MS Office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, trigonometry, analytical geometry, calculus, probability, and statistics.
- Ability to apply these concepts to engineering applications including but not limited to: statics, dynamics, solid mechanics, strength of materials, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, structural design, mechanical design, and electrical design.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote. Employees are expected to travel to their designated office as schedules require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.