Skills: Ships Deckhand / Deck Crew
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position of Party Chief of Marine Construction Survey Services exists for the purpose of managing and carrying out required tasks in the field for survey projects, as requested by manager or project specific manager, and / or field client representatives for the survey project's field activities. This position is responsible for assuring that client needs are effectively met regarding field activities, and that all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly and in accordance with safe work procedures.
- Assist new and fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
- Coordinating and communicating with clients, crew members and project managers
- Conduct and document daily Job Safety Analysis (JSA)/ Safety pre-tower meetings
- Responsible for offshore operations including personnel, daily progress and asset utilization
- Train and adhere to OII, DOTD or client company's specific requirements
- Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by client or project manager
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment
- Training of fellow field personnel
- All other duties as assigned
- This position has no direct reports however has in the field temporary supervisory responsibilities of the assigned crew.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years experience as a Sr Surveyor in the Marine Construction Survey field
- Must be proficient with a variety of the field concepts, practices, procedures and equipment operations such as GPS, USBL, LBL and Navigation Software
- Must have valid driver's license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
Must have knowledge of basic computer skills, major survey equipment manufacturer's software and equipment
- Two year technical degree or higher in field of study
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.