Zanesville, Ohio, United States
Zanesville, Ohio, United States
Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Zanesville, Ohio, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Southwestern Energy Company is an independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas, natural gas liquids and oil exploration, development and production within North America. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It's a commitment that has motivated our employees for nearly 90 years. Our culture demands creativity and innovation. That's why we give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. We strive to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment, by rewarding team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits.
Provide environmental compliance support for Southwestern Energy's SW Appalachia division assets in West Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Participate in a team environment wherein all compliance activities are accurately accomplished in an efficient, timely, and safe manner to support the goals of the asset. Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to promote and achieve operations that maintain compliance with environmental regulations.
- Provide environmental compliance support and guidance to the SW Appalachia Division Team in West Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania with respect to waste management and other environmental compliance.
- Operate as a Subject Matter Expert for the Operations Team with respect to compliance associated with waste management, providing proactive guidance to the team on compliance requirements for all projects.
- Coordinate with Operations on waste characterization, sampling, profiling, and disposal efforts. Collaborate with Operations to ensure proper tracking and documentation of each waste stream handled.
- Coordinate with Operations on disposal sites and analytical laboratories, confirming that information is accurate, and documents are retained per regulatory requirements.
- Perform or coordinate required waste filings with regulatory agencies including monthly waste reports as appropriate, annual 26R reports, biennial waste reports and other reports as required.
- Responsible for preparation and maintenance of Environmental Plans for well pads in Ohio and West Virginia in accordance with current regulations. Examples of such plans include SPCC Plans, Emergency Response Plans or other plans as required by regulations
- Operate as a Subject Matter Expert for the Operations Team with respect to compliance associated with operations, providing proactive guidance to the team on environmental requirements for all projects
- Perform or coordinate environmental permitting and required filings with regulatory agencies
- Close interaction with professionals in land, drilling, completions, production, and construction will be essential to securing necessary information
- Monitor status of regulatory submittals and follow up with regulatory agencies to ensure timely submittals and approvals
- Assist in the development of compliance systems/documents to ensure ongoing compliance and communication to other team members
- Understand current regulations and tracking proposed regulations; identify potential impacts
- Establish and maintain both internal and external working relationships
- Foster and maintain good relationships with all regulatory agencies and personnel
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science, or a related field
- 3+ years' related experience required.
- Experience with sub-surface oil and gas environmental compliance and a general knowledge of upstream oil and gas operations
- Working knowledge of WV DEP, WV DNR, ODNR, OEPA, PA DEP, and USACE regulations
- Experience with horizontal wells, shale plays, drilling, completions and producing assets in West Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania
- Must be self-disciplined, detail-oriented, and able to adapt to change easily
- Being inquisitive with a need to know the "why" not just the "how" of the role
- Must be able to effectively interact with agency representatives to resolve compliance issues
- Good organizational and collaborative skills required
- Computer Proficiencies: Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat
Southwestern Energy Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, present military status or veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.