Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Summary / Purpose
Golden Pass LNG is an ExxonMobil (30%) and QatarEnergy (70%) joint venture formed in the early 2000s to import liquefied natural gas. In 2019, the shareholders made a $10B final investment decision for "The Golden Pass LNG Export Project" (GPX) to construct a world class LNG export facility.
The Applications Architect will report to the Director of ERP and Applications.
Essential Duties / Functions
- Lead integration of Applications and data between corporate IT systems, Pipeline, Plant systems with focus on cyber security and lowering total cost of ownership
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for applications implementation
- Provide input to the development of Gate Review Materials including objectives, scope, approach, estimates and deliverables
- Review and approve 3rd-party vendor application integration and solution architecture based on established enterprise application strategy
- Guide creation of project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies and best practices
- Assess the application architecture currently in place and provide improvement recommendations
- Define Master Data Governance policies and procedures and lead implementation work efforts. Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure adherence to the data governance policies and procedures
- Create High level design documents for necessary Master Data Management services and data attributes
- Lead resolution of integration and Master Data issues
- Lead development of dashboards for enterprise performance management. Collaborate with business stakeholders to define the KPIs, identify data sources and lead vendor teams to deliver dashboards that meet stakeholder requirements. Oversee support after implementation
- Provide supervision and guidance for implementation and support vendors
- Single point of contact for resolving applications integration and Master Data Management issues
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change
Minimum education required of the position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
Minimum experience required of the position
- Strong Understanding of holistic enterprise architecture, Master Data Management and interplay of analytical components with enterprise foundational components (data architecture/governance, security, etc.)
- Hands on experience integrating IT Applications (DCS, Plant Data Historian, LIMS, Reliability Management, SAP S4 Hana, etc.)
- Hands on experience in integrating systems across Private Cloud platforms and SaaS solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Master Data Management concepts and technologies
- Experience working in Azure platform
- Experience developing policies and procedures and implementing them
- Experience in managing and providing direction to vendor teams
- Recent LNG export or process industry experience is a plus
- Experience working in a greenfield environment or Digital Transformation is a plus
- Proven track record leading direct reports, consultants and virtual teams to manage multiple concurrent projects, operations and budgets
- Required job competencies of the position
- Ability to earn trust and alignment with stakeholders
- Strategic thinking skills with ability to visualize the big picture and manage tactical details as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Good prioritization skills, to balance key priorities
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
- No required certifications.
- Azure Certifications are a plus
- Normal office environment with occasional visits to the LNG terminal and pipeline facilities
- Possible climbing, moving, and walking long distances, wearing fire-retardant clothing, hard hat, and goggles when visiting Terminal or Pipelines
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description - may require "other duties as assigned."
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs
- Job description does not guarantee employment
Golden Pass LNG, a joint venture between ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy, is building an LNG export facility in Sabine Pass, Texas, with anticipated startup in 2024.
It is our mission to bring clean energy from Texas to power the world. We seek to do that in a way that values safety, integrity, our people, community, and the environment. In order to achieve those goals, we are bringing together a diverse team of experienced and talented professionals.
We offer fulfilling career opportunities, and we listen to, train, develop, and reward our employees on their journey of professional growth.