Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is recruiting a Structural Engineer to join our Asset Integrity Management team based in Perth. This role is a sensational opportunity for a qualified engineer to join a collaborative, dynamic and technically skilled group working across all aspect of the business and our worldwide client base. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this is a permanent staff role with ongoing career development with an immediate start.
Executing scopes across diverse energy sectors, our project portfolio covers structural integrity management and advanced structural analysis for clients with structures at all stages of the asset life-cycle. You will receive both formal and on the job training, in addition to mentoring within the team and the wider global organisation. After initial inductions and training, you will be involved in:
- Structural integrity management and advanced structural analysis including the development of integrity management strategies and processes
- Execution of engineering assessments for operating structures
- Anomaly management by accessing Wood's diverse engineering portfolio to solve problems
- Review and rectification of damage, deterioration and structural analysis of structures
- Development and implementation of asset integrity management systems
- Asset health surveillance activities
- Developing of client reports to communicate results and recommendations
- Developing of client proposals and scopes of work
- Assuming ownership of small projects, managing from start to finish following Wood's Quality Management System
- Field / site work to support these activities may be required
We are looking for technical professionals who are motivated and enjoy working as part of a close knit and supportive team. Professionals who are energetic, motivated, technically curious, and can bring their strong inter-personal skills and 'hands on' approach to the team.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) Visa and are able to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
It takes a diverse team to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. The technical and professional expertise of our teams are a significant contributor to our continued outstanding global performance, where Wood ranks No. 6 in the 2022 ENR Top 500 Design Firms and No. 2 in both Industrial Process & Petroleum and Manufacturing Sectors.
As a member of this successful team you will have completed your degree / qualification and have ideally 3 - 8 years industry experience. We are interested to speak with engineers with previous exposure to the industry and remuneration for this position will be reflective of experience.
- Degree ideally with a further qualification of MSc or PhD
- 3 - 8 years experience in structural assessment from related industry
- Some prior experience in Structural Integrity Management
- Sound understanding of structural behaviour
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated capability in team engagement
- Strong desire to learn, innovate and contribute to both group and individual success and ongoing development
- Execution of structural integrity management activities, including some experience across the asset life-cycle, design projects, operations, life extension and decommissioning activities
- Familiarity with industry codes for structural integrity management
- Experienced in the use of structural analysis software
- Experienced in performing engineering fitness for service assessments
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.