Skills: Well Servicing & Testing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, AB, United Kingdom
- Under general supervision, performs all phases of the rigging up and down of Surface Well Test (SWT) service line equipment on work locations for the purpose maintaining control and processing of well bore fluids during well testing operations and providing the customer with essential reservoir information by the use of (but not limited to): Surface Well Test and Surface Pressure Control equipment packages.
- In addition to responsibilities, systems knowledge, competencies and skill sets acquired from lower level job roles, this individual will be required to mentor all junior personnel in area of expertise and perform additional job tasks of a Competency Assessor and/or Behavior Based Safety Observer or Coach within the SWT group.
- Coordinates and overseas Testing and Subsea (SWT) Product Service Line (PSL) functions at the well site/field camp.
- Responsible/Supervises all activities related to maintaining, rigging up, pressure/function testing and operating equipment at the customer location/site.
- Monitors instruments and performs necessary calculations to assure quality of data/job.
- Consults with customers concerning services and products, promotes good customer relations at the well site, and assures customer satisfaction with results.
- Properly maintains assigned equipment and monitors compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Excellent Leadership and Communication skills are required as well as a thorough understanding of all HSE&OE related systems and processes applicable to the service line.
- Conducts pre-job toolbox safety meetings, reviews and verifies job plan with customer representative and manages any changes required, checks and verifies equipment as per job plan, completes all job documentation to include: Job Ticket, Job History Report, CV Metrics/KPI, Job Log,
- Job Summary etc. and demonstrates understanding of testing dynamics and basic reservoir theory - i.e. BHP, BHT, Phasing, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot most jobs with minimal direction.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact directly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Skills typically acquired through completion of high school or similar education and 5-1/2 years Surface Well Testing experience.
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Must have met the minimum competency requirements for the Service Specialist I - Surface Well Test.
- Must be able to interpret P&ID drawings, navigate data books and perform QA related tasks related to Surface Well Test equipment and operations.
- Must be able to pressure test SWT equipment safely.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work safely with hand tools.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of basic rig functions and components related to Well Testing Operations.
- Must be able to explain the function of the mobilization documentation.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations as well as more detailed calculation understanding - i.e. choke coefficients, oil and gas calculations, meter factors, hanging burners, etc. is required.
- Must be able to use Correction, Prevention and Improvement (CPI) System to document problems encountered or ideas for improvement.
- Ability to use MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and navigate Halworld is required.
- Must have successfully completed cross training to the level of Specialist I in a minimum of two PSL/sub PSL or qualified as an assessor or conduct Field OE, HMS/, Competency audits.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 163481
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Testing and Subsea
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.