Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States
As a Software Developer with our Analytical Instruments Division, you'll play a key role supporting full-stack development of embedded software that powers our leading-edge instrumentation technology. Our instrumentation systems provide ultra-pure water solutions to pharmaceutical manufacturers and high-yield microprocessor fabrication. The work you do is important because it ensures medications are safe and free from contaminants and IC foundries minimize waste. The work you do has a direct impact on critical technologies and medicines that are foundational to modern society - it's truly meaningful work you can take pride in!
You'll be working with a top-notch team of 10 Developers in a role that involves cross-collaboration with Chemical, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering Teammates to solve a variety of unique challenges. This is a great opportunity deepen your technical skills while positioning yourself for future career growth. If you like the idea of doing meaningful work with a company that's doing big things to create a cleaner, more sustainable world for us all, here's more!
- Full Stack product development for Windows based software including UI/UX and using embedded SQL Server, C#, and C++. We also use Linux-based systems that communicate with Windows-based software
- Tracking of requirements; development efforts; and results using automated tools such as Jira, Confluence, ALM, etc.
- Partner with Functional Engineering Managers to schedule and estimate testing requirements
- Work closely with Program Management and Scrum Masters to develop detailed project plans and stories to monitor and track progress
- Provide technical expertise to the customer support staff for the instrument product line
- Experience in full-stack development using C++/ C# to create user-friendly GUIs and database data-stores. In addition, experience with development for embedded systems or with communications with embedded systems using proprietary APIs is a definite plus. If you know how to build PC applications designed to communicate with hardware devices through a USB port to a disk drive, medical device, or other instrument/machine, this is the role for you!
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technical Degree or related program
Other Useful Skills & Abilities:
- Software development work experience with embedded appliance and/or lab equipment is a plus!
- Experienced with test automation using various tools across multiple platforms is helpful
As the workplace evolves, so are we. We believe people need to have the flexibility to work where they want which is why our hybrid approach works so well for our development team. It's only necessary to come to our office in Boulder, CO when needed, usually 1-2 days per week.
- Because you'll be creating embedded software, you'll need to be hands-on with the equipment from time-to-time. You'll need to be able to carry/lift/push/pull devices that weigh up to 40lbs
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity****
At Veolia, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer competitive compensation and benefits that include:
- Compensation-- The salary range is tied to the market for similarly benchmarked roles. The range is not an absolute, but a guide, and offers will be based on your individual knowledge, skills, experience and market conditions, as well as internal peer equity. Depending on these factors, we're targeting a base compensation of $95,000 - 120,000
- Incentive/Bonus: 10% Annual Incentive Plan Eligibility
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance Effective Your First Day
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions (VWTS) is a worldwide leader in water recovery, treatment, and reuse. We design, supply, and service a range of water systems and monitoring equipment in industries ranging from pharmaceutical to food and beverage applications, and from microelectronics ultrapure water to municipal water and industrial wastewater treatment. We are one of the world's leading manufacturers of total organic carbon (TOC) analyzers and corresponding certified reference materials. Our ground-breaking endotoxin analyzer is the latest addition to our expanding analytical instruments portfolio. We strive to provide not only superior technology and design, but also outstanding quality, service, and application support. Please click here to learn more about our Analytical Instruments business.
SWTS does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting firms. All vendors must have a current and fully executed MSA on file before submitting candidates. Any unsolicited resumes and candidate profiles will be deemed the property of SWTS, and no fee will be due.
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.