Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To prepare accurate management information in a timely manner and support Operation's financial requirements.
Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment, working both virtually and in office when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing monthly internal and external reporting
- Support Project Managers and project teams when looking at profitability
- Customer reporting requirements on programs as required
- Support the FP&A Lead in developing a short term and long term plan as well as rolling 15 month forecast for the projects and programs being supported
- Record forecast and free cash flow at the project level
- Prepare project close entries and make necessary adjustments to data entry errors
- Assist in bid review preparation and development
- Support variance analysis and reconciliations
- Support asset management and customer collection
- Assist the regional finance lead in external SOX compliance and testing and external regulatory reporting
- Support the implementation of financial standards in the organization
- Support User Acceptance Training "UAT" testing, as required
- Other duties as assigned inclusive of responsibilities outlined in the RASCI model related to your area of work.
- Travel to sites to understand the work being done as needed.
- This position does not ha ve supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to the Controller, Hardware/Machine Shop
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent relevant experience
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of cost accounting principles and the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Understanding of modeling concepts
- Familiarity with reporting under local statutory reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of current ERP system
- International experience is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative working style and ability to work across multiple geographies and with a distributed workforce
- Systematic, solution-oriented, and flexible
- Solves problems and acts decisively on problems of low complexity and financial risk
- Work independently with oversight
The position will be Hybrid - Remote. Employees are expected to travel to their designated office as schedules require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.