Skills: Facilities Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Midland, TX, US, 79705
Req ID: 905
Western Midstream is a master limited partnership formed to own, develop, acquire, and operate midstream assets. We are engaged in the business of gathering, compressing, treating, processing, and transporting natural gas; gathering, stabilizing, and transporting condensate, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and crude oil; and gathering, transporting, and disposing of produced water for our customers.
We operate or own equity interests in assets in the Rocky Mountains, North-central Pennsylvania, and Texas, including approximately 16,000 miles of petroleum and natural gas pipelines and over 100 gathering, treating, and processing facilities.
This position will provide Operations with engineering and optimization support for existing Midstream and Gas Processing Facilities. Experience with project management, economics, process simulation, and compression modeling software is highly desirable.
- Four or more years of experience with oil and gas facilities, gas processing plants, oil and NGL stabilization facilities, gas pipeline and compression operations, design, construction, and/or technical support. Experience with process modeling software such as UniSim, Hysys, ProMax, Protreat, or VMGsim.
- Strong communication and team building skills and proficiency with standard office software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
- A working knowledge of industry codes and standards, environmental regulations, and safety regulations is beneficial.
- Strong background in plant operations support, including plant operation problem diagnosis and process optimization is beneficial.
- Experience with leading or participating in a Process Hazard Analysis team for a new plant process or a modification to an existing plant.
- Develop process simulation models for existing facilities to evaluate performance, and to establish a basis for optimization to optimize product recoveries, increase throughput, and/or reduce operating cost. Size specific processing equipment such as separators, heat exchangers, fractionation towers, pumps, etc.
- Assist Operations with diagnosis of facility operation difficulties and provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Support the installation and commissioning of new Facilities and equipment.
- Assist Operations with development or modifications of plant start-up and operating procedures, including participation in MOC and PSSR activities.
- Analyze compression performance (volumetric and financial) to optimize gathering system performance. Recommend changes, upgrades and equipment swaps to increase performance, minimize maintenance requirements and reduce operating expenses
- Develop and assist in the justification of AFE's for assigned projects. Measure actual costs against projected budgets and report variances to necessary personnel. Manage all projects in a manner consistent with Western Midstream' s operating philosophy. Identify potentially hazardous conditions and design facilities that will protect employee and public safety, and company resources.
- Participate on or lead PHA team for new projects and modifications to existing facilities.
- Participate in process and mechanical design reviews for new plants with the project engineering group and engineering contractors to ensure they follow company requirements and best practices.
- Develop the technical scope of assigned projects to ensure that it meets the requirements of the company while complying with governmental regulations and industry standards. Secure necessary permits for project implementation and assist in developing/maintaining good relationships with regulatory agencies and the public.
- Select and manage project vendors/contractors to ensure optimum project execution within the project scope and constraints while maintaining project safety and regulatory compliance.
- Provide technical support, assistance, and direction to project staff, operations, and other company departments. Support operations, field staff and other Western Midstream groups in preparing capital budgets and developing project economics.
Bachelor of Science Degree required; Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
None required, EIT or PE are a plus
This position is not eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 20-50%. This includes travel to the field in West Texas.
This position has an 8-hour onshore schedule or other company approved work schedules.
Western Midstream is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Western Midstream Partners, LP