Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Environmental Health Unit (EHU) is seeking an experienced Sr. Environmental Health Scientist to join the Health Protection Division (HPD) of Environmental Protection. HPD/EHU is responsible for protecting the health and wellbeing of Saudi Aramco employees and their families within Saudi Aramco facilities and communities. Sr. Environmental Scientist will be responsible in mentoring Environmental Health staff professionals and technicians. Supervise field activities as needed and performs studies in the areas of environmental health, Public health, wellbeing, food and water safety, community's health, environmental health law, environmental health compliance, environmental health awareness, etc., to determine norms, predict changes, and evaluate the impact of changes. Gathers data, specimens and samples; directs or performs classifying and cataloging of specimens, testing, and analysis; and maintains hard copy and computerized data. Drafts reports and scientific papers. Receives regular work direction from a unit level supervisor or Senior Environmental Scientist in the Environmental Protection.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, schedules, and provides work direction to subordinate Environmental Health professionals and to other groups formed to implement and monitor Saudi Aramco environmental policies and compliance.
- Formulates the basis for studies related to Environmental Health/Public health aspects, as they affect Saudi Aramco by analyzing and evaluating all data pertinent to the problems.
- Initiates detailed work studies and determines basic approach, processes and/or equipment for environmental health compliance inspections, monitors programs and evaluates measurements.
- Consolidates all elements of research and data analysis, ascertaining that all elements are coordinated properly in terms of scope, manning and scheduling, and initiates corrective action as required. Responsibility for issuance of research findings in both hard copy and/or in computerized forms. Additionally, responsible for the technical quality of the data and its evaluation.
- Develops advanced professional and scientific methodology to be employed to identify and evaluate environmental health hazards. Advises Saudi Aramco organizations, and upon request, the local government on the risks of hazards and their management. Develops and monitors the effectiveness of intervention strategies.
- Provides educational guidance and direction to personnel involved with/exposed to the health hazards in the environment. Discusses, evaluates, coordinates and resolves environmental health compliance issues and problems that have potential impacts on Saudi Aramco operations. Acts as technical adviser in area of expertise.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of occupational hygiene awareness and education courses developed to promote sound occupational hygiene practices in the environment. Develops presentations for management and articles for company and professional publications on environmental issues that affect facilities.
- Develops design standards, general instructions, engineering standards and procedures related to the control of environmental and occupational hazards.
- Keeps abreast of all company, government, and industry processes, operations, and products correlating them with new developments and literature in the field of environmental health compliance as it relates to Saudi Aramco facilities.
- Develops formal scientific reports and coordinates the preparation of reports written by subordinates within the unit. Makes frequent oral presentations of the reports.
- Advises and mentoring subordinate Environmental Health staff members.
- Reviews, as appropriate, plans and any project proposals. Advises on necessary requirements to meet minimum environment standards to protect Saudi Aramco employees.
- Writes and reviews policies and procedures that are relevant to and affect employee's health and wellbeing in Saudi Aramco and affiliated facilities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Environmental Health, or Public Health plus eight (10) years of experience in the field of Environmental Health, public health or related field.
- Master degree from an accredited institution in Environmental Health, or Public Health plus five (8) years of experience in the field of Environmental Health, public health or related field.
- Certification from a recognized professional organization in the field of Environmental Health, public health or related field.
- The candidate should have excellent English communication skills (written and verbal), as he is required to write technically sound reports related to Environmental Health.
- Must obtain a valid Saudi Arabia Driver's License and have passed the Saudi Aramco requirements to operate a Company vehicle. The candidate should be willing and able to do field work.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.