Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Luanda, Angola
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To carry out general purchasing duties in accordance with company procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with various functions to specify, select and procure equipment/services in accordance with company procedure.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring progress both financially and in respect of service levels.
- Understand and interpret technical data sufficient to prepare, issue, review and analyse "Request for Quotations".
- Contact a range of suppliers to obtain quotations, agree delivery times and place commitment based on price, quality and according to customer demand, company policy and budget.
- Source alternative products and reviewing ones to ensure prices remain competitive with no compromise to quality.
- Broad and pratical knowldge of procurement functions, forms of contract and procedures.
- Place orders in accordance with production control output, engineering specifications, drawings, and other technical documentation. Ensuring Purchase Order/ MSR management (Confirmation, Expedite, end user communication).
- Update hire/sub-contract invoiced against the relevant purchase order.
- Maintenance of fixed pricing schedules, maximizing long term agreements and ensuring global requirements are considered.
- Measure and report OTD and other important figures related to the supplier relationship and deliveries.
- Delivering value and margin improvement through Supply Chain savings and performance improvement.
- Maintain savings spreadsheet on weekly basis.
- Update and coorrect outstanding purchase order commitments and related payables issues.
- Ensure compliance with HSE&QA requirements internally as well as externally.
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions.
- Support the effective reduction in cost of poor quality (COPQ) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) project within the procurement function.
- Creation, ownership, and monitoring of Supplier Nonconformance reports.
- Assist Global Inventory team in control of inventory levels to ensure correct levels of stock maintained to meet the needs of the Oceaneering operations.
- Ability to work within an extremely busy department and cope with the pressure of meeting demanding targets and working to tight deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have extensive experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in a Buyer role.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Project Managers and Senior personnel within the organisation.
- Ability to promote the supply chain strategy throughout the business in a positive manner.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, or other ERP system.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to work on own initiative and also part of a team
- Competent in ERP System
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.