Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently looking for an experienced Technical Manager to join our Perth based team and expand our Intelligent Operations business, by bringing in new opportunities and developing strong key client relationships driving revenue. You will become a leader in this vibrant digital industry joining like - minded professionals deploying unique technology while integrating systems as part of our international team focussed on Australia and the wider Asia Pacific region .
This role offers the opportunity , using your interpersonal skills to work across the business and execution centres to fully exploit opportunities, identify complementary skill-sets and relationships and make your mark in building the business for Wood. It takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact Wood has on the global energy sector, c ore to this role is to continue to create customer-specific solutions , a collaborative connection with our clients deliver ing value and commitment to our respected client partners.
Responsibilities and accountabilities for this role will include:
- Development / management of the opportunity funnel, targeting multiple sectors and capabilities along with ongoing key client account management
- Ongoing development of technology solutions, leading business development teams to deliver value internally
- Provide input and deliver effective strategies to gain new business, define new market entry opportunities / win propositions, developing a clear route to successful pre-qualification and bid submissions - communicating clearly to pursuit / proposal teams
- Coordination of diverse Wood technical, commercial and support resources
- Inform Leadership of market conditions, competitors, relationship status and collaborative opportunities
- Ensure Compliance with the Business Ethics Policy, Risk Assessments and Internal Audit requirements, embracing a culture of compliance within the business
- Facilitate client meetings with appropriate Wood personnel to achieve business objectives and meet client needs
- Provide input to aid with accurate forecasting / re-forecasting activities and prospect portfolio management
- Create, review, manage and maintain integrity of all opportunity records in the CRM system to ensure accuracy, governance and compliance
- Be an ambassador for collaboration by working with the other regional Wood entities to ensure an aligned, structured and strategic customer approach to business growth and market expansion Leveraging the breadth of Wood solutions for our customers.
- Accountable for positioning plan compliance for all live and future opportunities
Please note you must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Skills / Qualifications
As a key member of the wider team you will bring to this role:
- Technical / Engineering tertiary qualifications and experience in a related role
- 10+ years of proven success in technology sales or sales management
- Proven business development expertise in the energy / resources sector (upstream, midstream or downstream)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to form strong effective partnerships with external stakeholders
- Effective leadership and engagement skills with the ability to work across the business and connect with internal stakeholders
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.