Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Noise & Vibration Control, QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Condition Monitoring Technician to join our team for a fly in / fly out (FIFO) role, working on a remote Oil and Gas facility in Western Australia. This is a full-time permanent staff position for an immediate start. This role is offered on a rotation of 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off with 5 weeks of annual leave available per year.
Elements of this role that you will be involved with:
- Condition monitoring and troubleshooting on a wide variety of rotating equipment and static equipment
- Helping to develop innovative solutions to improve our client's Predictive Maintenance Programs
- Delivering real value to clients by targeting reliability improvements and optimising strategies
- Access to a world class technical bench of experts, in a diverse and inclusive team with a people first culture second to none
In this role you will also
- Deliver vibration, lubrication, and thermography condition monitoring programs - including on-site data collection, analysis and corrective actions recommendations for rotating equipment
- Identify opportunities to improve the condition monitoring program and client's plant reliability, availability and / or performance, collaborating with client's on-site personnel
- Assist with investigations, providing technical input for equipment failures and troubleshooting projects such as alignments and balancing
Please note we can only accept applications from Australian citizens or those holding a Permanent Residency (PR) visa who do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia. We will prioritise applicants currently based in Western Australia however all are encouraged to apply.
Skills / Qualifications
It takes a range of individuals to make up a diverse and flexible technical team, contributing to the success we are having in the energy sector. In this role we are looking for:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, sustainability, and environmental responsibility
- Practical hands-on experience of condition monitoring activities, including vibration analysis, lubrication, thermography and Lead Detection and Repair (LDAR) is desirable
- VCAT2 Certification is essential for this role and TCAT / LCAT certification would be highly regarded
- Mechanical or Electrical trade or Engineering qualification
- Recent experience in the Oil & Gas, LNG or Utilities industries is highly desirable
- Strong working knowledge of a wide range of rotating / reciprocating equipment
- Experience using CMMS systems (e.g. SAP, Maximo, JDE)
- Competency in English literacy, report writing skills and overall computer proficiency / capability
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.