Skills: Maintenance Technician, Field Service Tech, Pipeline Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Orla, Texas, United States
Orla, TX, US, 79770
Req ID: 811
Western Midstream is a master limited partnership formed to own, develop, acquire, and operate midstream assets. We are engaged in the business of gathering, compressing, treating, processing, and transporting natural gas; gathering, stabilizing, and transporting condensate, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and crude oil; and gathering, transporting, and disposing of produced water for our customers.
We operate or own equity interests in assets in the Rocky Mountains, North-central Pennsylvania, and Texas, including approximately 16,000 miles of petroleum and natural gas pipelines and over 100 gathering, treating, and processing facilities.
Fieldman - Delaware Basin Midstream Operations
The GGS Fieldman will be responsible for operation and normal upkeep and maintenance of the equipment that gathers, conditions, measures and handles gas, oil, and production water. Ensure all facility and equipment problems / issues are addressed in a timely fashion to maintain the integrity of gathering facilities and system for all of its customers. Work environment is out-of-doors in facilities from small to large in ambient conditions including high wind, dust, ambient heat and cold, and noise.
The Fieldman will work independently and with other personnel to maintain and operate equipment and processes within our Delaware Basin Midstream - Gas Gathering Team, including rotation into our Operations Control Center (OCC), as assigned. This position is located in Western Midstream's Delaware Basin as a member of the Midstream Operations team in Kermit, TX
- Minimum 1 year experience in gas gathering, oil gathering / stabilization, SWD or field production operations
- Knowledge of oil & gas operations (glycol dehydration, gas compression, pipelines, measurement etc.) desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Cygnet (or other SCADA system), and IMaps (or Google Maps) preferred.
- Good time management, communication and people skills.
- Ability to multitask and communicate effectively across cross functional groups.
- Must be able to safely lift and move heavy objects.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspections, and replacement of equipment as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining activity logs and status reports including safety/environmental incident reporting.
- Participate in / insure daily communication between operators, supervisor, Marketing and Commercial development.
- Write, review, and oversee assigned work permits associated with construction or maintenance in operating areas.
- Become qualified / maintain qualification in assigned DOT pipeline and control room competencies.
- Crosstrain throughout asset area and participate in hands-on training in field operations.
- Comply with all applicable company procedures and policies as well as state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Be able to operate independently or from the Operations Control Center by monitoring field volumes, rates, levels and alarms, to directly make adjustments or provide guidance to field personnel.
- Be an active participant our Health Safety and Environmental culture.
- Accomplish job responsibilities/duties in accordance with Western Midstream's Core Values.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Candidate must possess a valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
This position is not eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%.
This position presently utilizes a 8-6 schedule that will require working overtime, weekends, and holidays. Schedule may be adjusted to fit business needs including other schedule patterns, rotational with night coverage, and / or schedules to fit DOT compliance. WES retains the right to change and set schedules - should future needs require a schedule change.
Candidate must live within 75 miles of Kermit or Orla, TX, as described in job posting.
Western Midstream does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.
Western Midstream is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Western Midstream Partners, LP