Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Experience: 25 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is seeking to add a Consultant Principal Welding/NDT Subject Matter Extert (SME) with specific experience in Pipelines (CSA Z662) to support our project team in Calgary.
- In-depth knowledge of welding and NDT codes and standards, specifically CSA Pipeline Code, CSA Z662
- Provide consultancy level technical assessments and recommendations on any welding and/or NDT related topics on the project
- Provide input to technical welding specifications, as required
- Review WPS/PQR's and NDT procedures
- Liaise with the client, project team and engineering disciplines
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 25 years' experience as a Welding Engineer with specific Pipelines Welding and NDT experience
- Welding/NDT experience in CO2 Pipelines is considered an asset
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer as a P.Eng. with APEGA
- Canadian experience in conceptual, front-end, and detailed engineering on various mid to large capital projects
- SME level knowledge of industry codes: CSA, ASME, API, etc.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada at the time of application
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.