Skills: Maintenance Technician, Gas Plant Operations, Mechanic
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Mentone, Texas, United States
Loving County, TX, US, 79770
Western Midstream is a master limited partnership formed to own, develop, acquire, and operate midstream assets. We are engaged in the business of gathering, compressing, treating, processing, and transporting natural gas; gathering, stabilizing, and transporting condensate, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and crude oil; and gathering, transporting, and disposing of produced water for our customers.
We operate or own equity interests in assets in the Rocky Mountains, North-central Pennsylvania, and Texas, including approximately 16,000 miles of petroleum and natural gas pipelines and over 100 gathering, treating, and processing facilities.
Plant Mechanic - Mentone, TX
This position is in the West Texas Region as a member of the Plant Maintenance Team in Mentone, TX.
• Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state and federal safety and environmental rules and regulations.
• Maintain gas plant and field equipment including gas engines, compressors, pumps, motors, pneumatic tools and production machines, compressors, dryers, coolers, generators, gas regulators, pumps, turbines, etc.
• Routinely create and/or complete electronic work orders utilizing the maintenance computer software tool.
• Read and understand maintenance/operations manuals for equipment specifications parts and procedures to make proper and timely repairs.
• Overhaul natural gas compressors and engines.
• Organize and maintain equipment records with preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
• Monitor, maintain and operate safety and fire protection systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair natural gas equipment, electronic panels and air/fuel ratio controllers.
• Work irregular hours around heavy equipment and in variable environmental conditions.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices.
• Respond to call out requests as needed for maintenance, relief and emergency situations.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Two - Five (2-5) years of experience in oil and gas production facilities is required.
• Knowledge in maintenance and operation of gas engines and compressors.
• Knowledge working with gas plant processing equipment, aerial coolers and various pumps.
• Experience in the use of computers and a basic knowledge of Word and Excel is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
Candidate must possess a valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%.
This position is on a 12-hour rotating shift schedule and the candidate may be required to work overtime, weekends, on call, and holidays.
WES reserves the right to change the schedule if it is required by business/operations.
Western Midstream is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Western Midstream Partners, LP