Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking for a Reservoir Development Geologist, Stratigrapher & Data Integrator to join Gas Reservoir Characterization Department.
Gas Reservoir Characterization Department aims to Characterize and assess gas resources of developed fields at the highest definition required through building and maintaining always-ready integrated earth models to assess and update all in-place gas resources, support the optimization of gas field development and ensure excellence in well placement.
Our department is looking for a competent Development Geologist and data integrator with a solid geological background, particularly in siliciclastic reservoirs; adequate geological knowledge to aid and advance reservoir characterization of gas reservoirs, the candidate must also be well versed in using industry software application e.g., petrel and Decision Space platforms.
The work will entail detailed well data correlations, log-log correlation, mapping, and sequence stratigraphy, which will necessitate the ability to read and correlate various data types, such as wireline logs, core descriptions, biostratigraphic, chemostratigraphic, and reservoir data, among others, and applied them in the construction of reservoir stratigraphic lateral correlations at field and regional scales; and finally, inputs to the reservoir geological models.
The candidate will be responsible to integrate different data, pick formation and reservoir tops, as well as producing, correlating reservoir internal layers, and associated mapping.
Strong interpersonal skills are desirable because interdisciplinary collaboration is required, which will necessitate close collaboration with operations-oriented geoscientists as well as sedimentologists, reservoir modelers, biostratigraphers, chemostratigraphers, structural geologists, and reservoir engineers. An ability and willingness to mentor co-workers and young professionals in applying stratigraphy principles to wider the geological understanding of development fields is expected.
This position based in Dhahran offers a unique opportunity to work in an operational environment on different siliciclastic reservoirs stratigraphy. The successful candidate will also be familiar with sedimentology, structural geology, have knowledge of wireline logs, conventional and special core analysis practices. Saudi Aramco's position as a world-leading hydrocarbon explorer and producer provides geoscientists with unique opportunity to fulfill their full technical potential in this emerging subject.
The focus of this role is to manage subsurface unit stratigraphy, pick and maintain formation and reservoir tops, and reads different geological data (data integration) to provide support for geological and sedimentological studies and operational decisions. Responsibilities will include:
• Well correlation, cross sections and mapping, field and regional scales
• Integration of variable data types
• Description and Interpretation of rock properties through petrophysical analysis.
• Effectively collaborating with other team members within a multidisciplinary group, which will include participation in well planning activities for designated areas in collaboration with the field geology team, geoscientists, and modeling in accordance with work procedures.
• Develop new technologies and workflows to improve reservoir characterization, reduce development, and improve work practice.
• Prepare/review reports.
• Minimum Requirement is MSc in Earth Science (Geology-Sedimentology, Petroleum Geology). With minimum of 15 years of industry experience in the field of reservoir geology, stratigraphy, and reservoir characterization, and stratigraphy.
• Considerable prior practical skills and experience in reservoir geology operation, reading wireline logs, can define geological observations and pick correlative stratigraphic unites.
• Full understanding of the principles and application of biostratigraphy, chemo-stratigraphy and sequence stratigraphy to siliciclastic reservoirs is required.
• Sedimentology of siliciclastic rocks background is favorable
• Previous experience in data integration for geological modeling purposes and the ability to use industry software (e.g., Petrel, Decision Space) is desirable for this position.
• Ability and skills in working on different scales, field and regional scales is anticipated.
• Experience with regional and prospect size structural analysis, seismic analysis, and basin analysis will be advantageous.
• Effectively develop project work and manage progress, through work in team environment is crucial.
• Prior experience in mentoring of junior geoscience professionals highly advantageous.
Other desirable skills include:
• Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative micro scale analysis, including reservoir diagenesis modeling, and diagenetic influence on reservoir characteristics.
• Core scale sedimentology and correlation to wireline log specifically image log.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.