Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Carbonate Geologist to join Geological Operations Department.
Geological Operations Department provides efficient operational support and specialized Geological solutions for Exploration and Development programs through a skilled and qualified workforce applying appropriate technologies, innovation and excellence in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Saudi Aramco is embarking on a program to develop its world-class resources and is seeking a professional Carbonate Geologist with a broad knowledge, skill and experience in carbonate sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy and diagenesis to work on different types of samples (core, cuttings, outcrop, etc) and interpret the data to assess reservoir architectures and reservoir quality.
Carbonate Geologist with experience in analyzing cores and petrographic slides samples, along with more advanced techniques such as SEM, cathodoluminescence, fluid inclusions, XRD etc. to provide analysis of well data in terms of facies, sedimentary architecture, isopach, depositional environment and rock properties. Of primary interest is an ability to assess and integrate multiscale (outcrop, cores, thin-sections) and multidisciplinary (sedimentology, biostratigraphy, diagenesis, etc) dataset to support reservoir characterization and exploration. An ability and willingness to mentor co-workers and young professionals in applying sedimentology and diagenesis to wider geological understanding.
Carbonate Geologist should be familiar with petrophysics, sequence stratigraphy and structural geology, have knowledge of wireline logs, conventional and special core analysis practices. Saudi Aramco's position as a world leading hydrocarbon explorer and producer offers unique opportunities for a Carbonate Geologist to realize their full technical potential.
You will be required to perform the following:
• Conduct advanced geological studies including core descriptions, petrography,diagenesis and reservoir quality in order to support long-term and short-term Saudi Aramco operations
• Preparation of detailed geological reports in multiple formats
• QCing and interpreting lab results; e.g., CCAL, SCAL, MICP, XRD
• Collaborate effectively with other team members within a multidisciplinary group
• Mentor and train co-workers and young professional
• As the successful candidate you will hold a minimum of Bachelor Degree in Geology. Holding a PhD degree is preferred.
• Fifteen years of experience in relevant carbonate geology, preferably within hydrocarbon related companies
• Proven track record in the relevant discipline as evidenced by previous work such as publications in the peer-reviewed scientific literature/conferences, etc.
• Familiarity with different types of rock analysis techniques, including microscopes, cathodoluminescence, fluid inclusions, XRD, XRF, SEM, stable isotopes
• Expertise in use of core-derived petrophysical properties (special and standard)
• Geological software skills (Petrel, Techlog, Geolog, OpenWorks) preferred
• Peer-reviewed, published scientific articles in carbonate sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy, carbaonte diagenesis, reservoir quality assessment a plus
• Core to wireline log data integration and interpretation
• Excellent communication skills and work ethics
• Fluent in written and spoken English
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.