Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a senior hydrocarbon resource Geomodeler to join Exploration Resource Assessment Dept, who will have specialized expertise in multiple integrated geoscience disciplines to assess hydrocarbon resources using industry standard methods, definitions and guidelines (PRMS). Integration of multidisciplinary data plays a critical role in volumetric assessments to book or update reserves and resources.
ERAD has great influence on the Organization as a part, and on the Company as whole. We aim to meet the demand of hydrocarbon resources and obtain a sustainable amount of oil and gas recovery to replace the ongoing production. ERAD is a fundamental start and end-point for the Exploration Organization, and creates both the framework within which exploration activities are planned and also the assessment of discovered volumes. We look forward to sustaining the kingdom's dominant oil and gas position by growing the proven resources, and increasing the exploration success rate. Furthermore, finding oil and gas resources through strategic exploration methods that integrate the best talent, optimal processes and technologies in a safe and cost-effective manner.
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
• Conduct 2D and 3D volumetric resource assessments
• Integrate multidisciplinary data to assess hydrocarbon resources
• Map fluid surfaces and distribution
• Run data analysis and data quality validation throughout different property modeling workflows
• Conduct geostatistical analyses to be utilized in 3D modeling
• QC and validate 3D static models and relevant outputs
• Apply the latest technology and efficient workflows to generate resource assessment work process
• Collaborate with resource petrophysicists, geoscientists and engineers conduct accurate assessments
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of 3D modeling processes
• Train, mentor and develop the young professionals on relevant skills
As a successful candidate, you should have the following:
• Bachelor Degree in Geosciences or related field (e.g., Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics or other related science and engineering fields) is required. An advanced degree is preferred
• An extensive formal experience in 2D and 3D modeling and resource assessment related studies is desirable
• A minimum of 15 years of experience. At least 5-10 years of professional experience in 3D static modeling
• Strong problem-solving capabilities
• Experience in conventional and unconventional reservoirs with respect to reservoir characterization and 3D modeling
• Proficiency in the modeling software packages such as Petrel, Openworks, Gocad, RMS
• Knowledge in structural geology, sequence stratigraphy, carbonate and clastic depositional environments and facies development
• Understanding of petrophysical data evaluation
• Good understanding of industry guidelines and Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS)
• Good communication, report writing and presentation skills in English
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.