Skills: Geotechnical Engineer, Seismic
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Senior Regional Structural Analyst to join the Exploration Resource Assessment Dept. The position will require specialized expertise in multiple integrated geoscience disciplines to define undiscovered prospective hydrocarbon resources. The Senior Regional Structural Analyst will be involved in critically evaluating basin-scale geoscience data to analyze tectonics, structure, geodynamics and sedimentation and perform petroleum play chance analysis and Yet-to-Find resource assessments to provide essential play-based exploration (PBE) opportunities for exploration geoscientists.
ERAD has great influence on the Organization as a part, and on the Company as whole. We aim to meet the demand of hydrocarbon resources and obtain a sustainable amount of oil and gas recovery to replace the ongoing production. ERAD is a fundamental start and end-point for the Exploration Organization, and creates both the framework within which exploration activities are planned and also the assessment of discovered volumes. We look forward to sustaining the kingdom's dominant oil and gas position by growing the proven resources, and increasing the exploration success rate. Furthermore, finding oil and gas resources through strategic exploration methods that integrate the best talent, optimal processes and technologies in a safe and cost-effective manner.
The candidate will be required to perform the following:
• Conduct structural interpretation of geophysical and geological data sets including seismic, gravity, magnetics and well data
• Define structural framework for assigned plays
• Generate paleo-topographic maps and sequentially restore 3D structural models.
• Produce structural maps, Gross Depositional Environment GDE maps and 3D geological models to integrate geodynamics, tectonics, structure geology, sedimentation, subsidence and changes in sea level through geologic time.
• Analyze internal architecture, sedimentation, fabrics and subsidence in a given basin through geologic time
• Collaborate with basin modelers by providing detailed inputs to reach a synthesis
• Develop new regional structural geology related exploration play concepts
• Apply geologic risking values and create composite risking segment maps for reservoir, seal, and charge
As a successful candidate, you should have the following:
• Bachelor Degree in Geosciences or related field (e.g., Geology, Geophysics, or other related science and engineering fields) is required. An advanced degree is preferred
• An extensive formal experience in regional integrative Structural Analysis
• A minimum of 15 years of experience, with extensive experience in regional studies and at least 5-10 years of professional experience in Structural Analysis
• Capability of evaluating Structural model data inputs, carrying out model construction and completing calibration
• Capability of creating play chance maps for both conventional and unconventional plays, with relevant discipline outputs
• Able to place work into play venture context for reporting actionable play-level plans to management
• Have good exposure to different sedimentary basins (most importantly passive margin, foreland and rifted settings)
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.