Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Quality Control Manager to provide services to our valued clients (within the power generation industry). The position has a broad scope therefore the successful candidate will be required to be based in the United States (no relocation assistance is provided), and must be in proximity to a Wood Office and travel hub. This role may include travel to site construction locations within the region.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Must have experience leading Direct Hire construction projects in a Quality Supervisor/Manager role. At a minimum must have experience managing an assigned project from a quality perspective in the following areas:
- Inspection Management. Manage a group of Quality Control Inspectors in a range of disciplines (Mechanical, Welding, Civil, Electrical) to ensure inspections are completed in a timely, efficient, accurate manner that supports ongoing project needs
- Schedule. Ensure adherence by the site quality staff to the established project schedule
- Subcontractor Schedule & Management. Must be able to schedule and manage direct subcontractors related to Quality in Non-Destructive Testing, Post Weld Heat Treatment and Coatings
- Subcontractor Quality. Ensure adherence by subcontractors to contractual quality requirements through an established audit and verification schedule. Subcontractors may include Civil, Electrical, Instrumentation, Insulation, Coatings, etc.
- Contract Adherence. Must be able to ensure contract adherence by following an established inspection and testing plan for each phase or discipline of the project. Must be able to read and interpret specification and contract language
- Code Compliance. Must be thoroughly familiar with and able to interpret code requirements from a variety of construction codes which may include ASME Section I, Section II, Section VIII, Section IX, B31.1, B31.3, B31.8, the National Board Inspection Code (NBIC), API 1104, AWS D1.1, D1.3, D1.6., NFPA, AWWA, NEC, etc.
- Inspection Documentation & Progress. Must be able to compile inspection documents into established Quality documentation packages. Must be able to update established inspection tracking tools to provide an accurate view of project quality progress
- Problem Solving. Must be able to work through complex problems and find innovative solutions to support the assigned project.
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of 6 years of verifiable experience in a Site Quality Supervision/Management role as well as 6 years of verifiable direct hire construction inspection experience is required.
- Must be experienced with NDE methods to include RT, UT, MT, PT, Hardness Testing, PMI Testing, Post Weld Heat Treatment.
- Candidate must be a currently qualified AWS SCWI or CWI with a minimum of 9 years of welding inspection experience
Essential inspection experience and job duties to include the following:
- Manage the Company's Quality program for a specific project jobsite
- Verify construction activities are performed in accordance with the contract specifications and drawing requirements through preparatory planning, inspection, and record review
- Communicate with the customer's site QA/QC personnel and relate any specification or contract criteria to the Company's site project team
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Wood PLC weld maps and travelers.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Wood PLC support/restraint documentaion
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Wood PLC flange management documentation
- Responsible for ensuring required inspections are being completed in a timely manner
- Test and qualify welders in accordance with the company welder testing criteria
- Maintain project quality logs, forms, documentation, etc.
- Assist in scheduling NDE, PWHT and Authorized Inspector visits
- Review and approve Pre & Post Weld Heat Treatment reports
- Review and approve 3rd party NDE reports.
- Responsible for ensuring all Company Quality records up to date for audit purposes
- Create turnover packages of contract required QA/QC documentation
- Correspond with the jurisdictional inspectors or Authorized Inspector when necessary
- Manage, direct, and assist inspection personnel to ensure inspections are being completed and documented in a timely manner
- Assist the project coordinator(s) in preparing turn-over packages for customer submittal
- Assist with the performance of inspections to support the project inspection team as needed
- Monitor subcontractor compliance through audits and reviews
- Manage the site NCR program.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong background in Microsoft Office products and Bluebeam
- Must be able to articulate professionally in verbal and office (E-mail) Communication
Competency: To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Understands and uses complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses experience to complement data; designs effective means to accomplish procedures and inspections. Interprets, understands, and implements complex codes, specifications, and standards.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail with the ability to draft technical documents
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a proactive professional manner; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; ability to diffuse confrontational situations. Must be able to troubleshoot, and present solutions. Must be able to troubleshoot complex problems and issues
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise and experience with others
- Customer Service - Identifies with Wood PLC approach to proactive implementation, and coordination of our quality plan with those of our customer, and continually promotes quality and safety to Wood PLC employees. Manages difficult or emotional situations in a professional manner; responds promptly and professionally to customer requests; responds to requests for service and assistance in a timely manner; meets commitments promptly and completely
- Interpersonal skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in a positive professional manner; listens and receives clarification to complex questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in/conducts meetings
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret complex written information
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback in a professional manner; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; motivates others to fulfill the vision; shares vision and inspiration with peers and subordinates
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance
- Leadership - Effectively influences actions and opinions of others
- Managing People - Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; fosters quality focus in others
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the truth in others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make sound decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions in a professional manner; includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
- Safety and Security - Observes and ensures compliance of safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; responds to potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials safely
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk to hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. The employee must frequently work at heights while wearing a fall protection harness. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including, extreme heat and extreme cold temperatures. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; uneven terrain; welding conditions, overhead load exposures; fall hazards; moderate to high noise levels; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious areas, fumes, and airborne particles.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.