Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Workover or Completion
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Woking, England, United Kingdom
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Completion / Commissioning Engineer to support one of our UK projects.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required, followed by site based work for the main construction execution phase.
Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Support the Project Construction Manager and Project Manager in delivery and management of all aspects of mechanical completion and commissioning
- In accordance with CDM regulations provide Pre-Construction support to the project
- To study and assess the relevant drawings, specifications, and instruction for the functional area of responsibility
- Coordinate with the design team to enhance the design element and highlight any special recommendations to reduce risk or optimise schedule
- Constructively challenge engineering concepts with a view to minimizing shutdown schedule
- Input to schedule development, defining execution risks in general, and critical path specific risks during shutdowns
- Assist with development of the Go Technology database, setting up systems, sub-systems, and check sheet allocation
- Development of pre-commissioning, commissioning, performance testing procedures in line with National Grid procedures
- Management of Go Technology database at site
- Assist with check sheet inspection/verification
- Supervise pre-commissioning, commissioning, performance testing activities at site
- Coordinate contractor, subcontractor and vendor activities associated with pre-commissioning and commissioning
- Interface with Operations Team in commissioning, start-up, and final handover of the facility/plant
- Monitor Quality in accordance with Quality plan and ITP's
- Input to weekly and monthly reporting
- Assist Project Manager with management of change
- Drive safety leadership and ensuring safe delivery of multi-discipline work scopes
- Input to lessons learned
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical and Instrumentation Controls background in site commissioning with demonstratable experience
- To be conversant with construction/commissioning mechanical completion technology
- Ability to deliver documentation that is technically correct to the required standard and schedule
- Understand and control the running of work sites
- Experience in industries e.g., Oil and Gas
- Experience in Brownfield upgrades / replacement instrumentation and control projects
- Experience with dealing with Valves, Instruments, Cable runs, Control rooms, etc
- Compressor Station/Metering experience is advantageous
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Prior experience reviewing and approving commissioning/construction works
- Well organised and have a keen eye for detail
- Able to operate in an integrated team environment supporting and leading others with a desire and ability to build trust and respect throughout the team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.