Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Feasterville-Trevose, Pennsylvania, United States
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today!
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions (WTS) is a worldwide leader in water recovery, treatment, and reuse. We design and supply a range of water systems, from food and beverage applications to municipal water, to microelectronics ultrapure water and heavy industrial wastewater treatment. Our portfolio of technologies includes solids-contact clarification, membrane & media filtration, ion exchange, electrolysis, digestion, evaporation, ozone/UV disinfection and more. Our portfolio also includes chemicals & monitoring solutions, start-up & operation, membrane & ion exchange products, and custom engineered equipment.
As a global supply chain function, we live by, and execute to as a competitive advantage for SUEZ WTS by unlocking true potential of our talent, investing in digital enablement, and building holistic strategic partnerships that will sustainably serve our customers, communities, and environment.
The Director of Global Fleet will report into Suez WTS' Supply Chain organization and be responsible to oversee a complex asset portfolio of ~4,000 heavy and light/medium duty assets in-service across all global regions. The incumbent, in partnership with a variety of stakeholders, will focus on continued efficiency improvement and operating a compliant, cost-effective global fleet program.
- Direct all aspects of SUEZ WTS's global fleet operations in all regions (NAM, LAM, EMEA, & APAC). Initiate, monitor and adjust global company policy to maximize efficiency, profitability, and reduce liability exposure. This includes asset acquisition, maintenance, and remarketing as determined by cost effective life cycling. Special attention to regulatory and DOT compliance.
- Internal Interface: Global Sourcing and Procurement, Global HR, Global Compliance, Global Integration, Global EHS, Controllership, Legal, Payroll, Risk Management, Business Financial Systems, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Sr. Management, and all levels of Field Operations, including communications, training, policy and procedure.
- External Interface: Current and potential leasing companies, vehicle manufacturers, insurance agencies, decal suppliers, equipment providers and upfitters, and industry organizations.
- Develop & execute risk assessments, design mitigation strategies and programs to address key risks. Oversee and provide support to internal regulatory audits, conduct internal reviews.
- Build and enhance relationship with regional & global stakeholders and establish regular communication & operating mechanism with them to drive financial and functional metrics.
- Drive simplification and standardization of processes. Adapt usage of digital tools and data analytics in the region in accordance with supply chain's global digital strategy. Influence the outcomes for benefit of the enterprise.
- Coach and build a high performing team by attracting, developing, and retaining the best talent. Lead, Collaborate & partner with the Chief Procurement Officer, Peers, Team and cross functional partners and functions to create a best-in-class Global Procurement organization.
- Strategy development and execution of SUEZ WTS's global transition to EV's.
- Develops technical knowledge of the fleet to insure proper use of current and new technologies for delivery and operating efficiencies.
- Controls process, spend, and budget for maintenance scheduling, replacement cycling, purchasing (including specification decisions), vehicle assignment and makes recommendations for improvements to management.
Who are we looking for?
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions is seeking a thoughtful, dedicated professional with the right skillsets, mindset, and behaviour to contribute to the continued evolution of our Global Fleet Operations function. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader, capable of delivering on procurement strategy and execution, with a track record of delivering enterprise wide financial and non-financial results on sustainable basis in a matrix environment. Success in this role will require the ability to work in collaboration with a wide array of functional, business and supply-base stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (or High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 10 additional years of experience in a Fleet Operations leadership role), candidates with a master's degree and / or certification like Logistics, Supply Chain, Project Management, Six Sigma or equivalent business process excellence will have an added advantage.
- Ten (10) years' experience in Logistics/ Supply Chain function/ Procurement/ Process excellence or equivalent role, with knowledge of Process excellence, Digital tools, and continuous improvement initiatives.
Useful skills or abilities (not required for consideration):
- Experience as a Lean and/or process excellence leader with demonstrated ability in organizational transformation.
- Ability to work with multiple global cross-functional teams to drive process standardization and improvement and lead digital transformation.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, capable of developing presentations and comfortable interacting with internal/external stakeholders and WTS' senior management.
- Experience in working in different cultures and environments, in a matrixed organization.
- Excellent negotiation, contract management, and supplier relationship management skills.
- Familiarity with market trends and best practices in process excellence and digitization in the industry.
At SUEZ, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We are an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer challenging and meaningful careers, with competitive benefits and flexible work arrangements.
Join the Resource Revolution! SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions is seeking thoughtful, dedicated professionals to join our 10,000-person team as we deliver leading water treatment solutions for clients across municipal and industrial markets, in locations on six continents. For more than 100 years SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest water use and reuse problems has never been more important than it is right now.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.