Skills: Fitter / Turner, Welding
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for an offshore Fitter \ Welder with previous offshore oil and gas experience working on an FPSO or equivalent marine related experience.
Working offshore Equatorial Guinea on an FPSO, normal rotation is 5 weeks on / 5 weeks off, but extended durations may be required.
The Fitter - Welder will be expected to perform all aspects of preventive and corrective maintenance, pipefitting and welding to approved specifications. Work activity will be performed aboard an active FPSO and work will be performed within specified area's that have been made safe for hot work activities that could include, but not limited to Process Modules, Engine Room, Main Deck, and Living Quarters.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straight edge, combination square, callipers, and ruler.
- Tack Welds or welds components and assemblies using Electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts work piece using powered saws, hand shears, chipping knife, or torch.
- To plan and organize the work activity such that all planned and unplanned work is progressed to a satisfactory completion, in a safe and efficient manner. To this end the use of all available planning tools is vital
- Installs or repairs Equipment to required specifications.
- Maintain a high degree of EHS awareness for your immediate work area and all personnel assisting.
- Capable of meeting test requirements on welded surfaces such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specification,
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances using proper tools and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and uses all hand tools in compliance with manufacturer specifications and with awareness to Safety.
- Welds Components in a flat, vertical, horizontal, or overhead position.
- To advise on technical issues related to the platform equipment, such that effective decisions can be made. Also to liaise with the Onshore Technical Support as required
- Heats, Forms, and dresses metal parts using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Understands the principles and theory behind pressure regulators, amperage, and voltage to obtain proper flame or arc.
- Analyses engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops Templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method utilizing knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding technique.
- To provide OJT (On-the-Job Training) for less experienced technicians so they are fully supported in their assigned tasks.
- Ensuring a safe place of work by complying with Permit to Work (PTW) system and safe working procedure(s)
- Required to participate in Process Safety Management activities that involve process design, process technology, operational and maintenance activities and procedures, non-routine activities and procedures, emergency preparedness plans and procedures, training programs, and other elements which could impact the process.
- Other elements of PSM which may touch the employee consist of:
- Mechanical Integrity
- Management of Change
- Investigation of Incidents
- Process Hazards Analysis
- Operating Procedures and Practices
- Compliance Audits
- Emergency Response
- Pre-start-up Safety Reviews
- Contractors and Short Service Contractor
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical qualification as Fitter \ Welder
- A number of years relevant experience working on FPSO's or marine related worksites
- Offshore BOSIET Survival Certification
- Qualified Welding Certification in GTAW / SMAW stainless and carbon pipe.
Job Specific Skills:
- Preventative, correct maintenance and overhaul of all engine room equipment, generators, inert gas systems, pump systems, air compressors, hydraulic systems, HVAC, electrical motors, cranes and accommodation equipment.
- Working in machine shop operating lathes and milling machines.
- Fabrication and welding.
- Lifting operations
PC Application Skills:
- Basic computer skills
- Competent in communicating in English language
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment alongside other technical disciplines.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.