Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Illinois, US
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today!
The Field Service Representative (FSR) will be responsible for providing on-site technical customer service. This position will include chemistry test, chemical feed and control equipment maintenance, chemical inventory management, technical recommendations, and written service reports. This is a customer facing position.
- Installs and services chemical feed and water treatment equipment at designated locations
- Acts as technical consultant and liaison with customer management and technical counterparts.
- Provides service and support to customer sites within territory as needed.
- Provides knowledge/support to the account managers within the region with respect to the company's newest technologies for digitization and chemical feed and control solutions.
- Provides training and information sessions to the account managers on this technology.
- Performs water analysis and/or collects samples for preparation, labeling and shipment to/ldesignated laboratory for analysis.
- Troubleshoots and repairs pumps, instruments and control panels.
- Calibrates feed pumps, controllers, feed rate charts and maintains log sheets.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on chemical feed pumps, controllers and instrumentation.
- Maintains inventory of spare parts (lube oil, tubing, piping, etc), and adequate supply of
reagents, sample containers, and shipment containers necessary for routine as well as special sampling and analysis.
- 2 years of lab, plant or maintenance experience.
- Engineering Degree or 2 years of technical training (college, military, technical/vocational
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service and results oriented.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Team player, hands-on, self-motivated.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Familiarity with water treatment processing.
- Ability to read and interpret instruction manuals, safety manuals, etc.
- Mathematical skills, including math operations in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, ratio and percentages 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation (Motor vehicle record, criminal, education
and prior employment), physical evaluation and drug screen.
- Possess unrestricted authorization to work in country of posting.
- The candidate must be willing to work independently (after proper training) and be a self-starter.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Region as required to support the customers.
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to refineries, industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities.
- Must be willing to work in heavy industrial settings (steel/refining etc)
- Technical Training/Education highly preferred.
- Familiarity with water treatment processes and applications.
- Ability to lift at least 30lbs.
We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!
To protect our customers, our employees, and their families, we strongly encourage, and in some cases require, successful new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting employment unless an exemption is granted as required by law. Upon receiving a conditional offer of employment, disclosure of your vaccine status will be required as permitted by state law. Help us protect each other by protecting yourself.
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.